Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Ozonics????

It may have gotten a little side tracked, but there is a reasonable conversation going on with a few people. As long as it stays civil, and with Todd responding it does, the thread can breathe once again. If it goes astray, it'll disappear.

I look at the Ozonics system just like many of the other scent control systems. Does it work? Probably. Does it work 100% of the time? I doubt it but not much does.

I, like most others, practice scent control. Wash my clothes in scent free detergent, use the soaps, deodarant, field wipes, etc. I also own carbon, silver, and other clothing. Does all of this work? I believe so. Does it work 100% of the time? Not a chance. But it does give me additional confidence when I am in the tree. If something does happen to come in down wind, I feel more confident it won't wind me.

I still get winded and believe I would with the Ozonics machine too. My only real concern with the Ozonics system would be safety. The amount of Ozone needed to totally eliminate human scent would be well above the acceptable human exposure limits, so either it cant be 100% effective or it cant operate at safe levels if it is 100% effective, something has to give.

Todd, will never criticize you for standing behind your products and sponsors, I think you are one of the few out there that really does his homework and take on products you believe in. Keep up the hard work, producing videos and making quality hunting gear.

Kratz

Last edited:
I look at the Ozonics system just like many of the other scent control systems. Does it work? Probably. Does it work 100% of the time? I doubt it but not much does.

I, like most others, practice scent control. Wash my clothes in scent free detergent, use the soaps, deodarant, field wipes, etc. I also own carbon, silver, and other clothing. Does all of this work? I believe so. Does it work 100% of the time? Not a chance. But it does give me additional confidence when I am in the tree. If something does happen to come in down wind, I feel more confident it won't wind me.

I still get winded and believe I would with the Ozonics machine too. My only real concern with the Ozonics system would be safety. The amount of Ozone needed to totally eliminate human scent would be well above the acceptable human exposure limits, so either I don't think it can be 100% effective or it can't work 100% of the time, something has to give.

Todd, will never criticize you for standing behind your products and sponsors, I think you are one of the few out there that really does his homework and take on products you believe in. Keep up the hard work, producing videos and making quality hunting gear.

Kratz
Pretty much sums up my views. :way:

I'll critique the product more than the person behind it.

I gotta back up a bit, Todd, did you post that you have 2 or 3 of these things in the tree when you're filming??? How the heck to you get into the woods without dying from exhaustion? You're usually carrying in 2 stands, sticks, filming equipment, etc right?

Now most of the time we have stands set in-advance. I learned that over the years it's just too much work and too difficult to run and gun with a cameraman. We still do it, but most of the stuff I hunt is so thick it's just impossible unless you trim alot in-advance.

When you are filming, you get used to carrying crap. The funny part is we used to carry 3 of the old ozonic's that weighed 7 lbs. a piece. That tells you how much I beleive in them.

Both myself and my cameraman have big packs, and we use every-bit of them.

Wow thats time I will never get back! I wish I would never posted the question. Like always the hunting gurus who have NEVER tried the product have an opinion on it. Todd thank you for you input, I will try one out this year and let ya know how it worked. And if you do get them for less good for you. I prostaffed in the waterfowl world for a long time and the perks were killer. Good luck this year to you and all the others. Were all in this to enjoy ourselves and hunt what we have a passion for.

Top Bottom