Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Packer fan for life but...

dblmainbeam

From an article I read this morning.

Those people who booed him Sunday must have been drunk. Or something.
Anybody with an ounce of sense would have taken the opportunity to say thanks for all those great years. We really appreciate what you did while you were here and we wish you well, except for today.
Those people who booed brought shame to Packer Nation

From a man who sat in a press conference crying saying " I've given it everything I got, and I have nothing left to give" that turns around and CHOOSES to play for your old teams biggest rival is classless and he deserves to be booed. I'm a huge Packer fan and beleive no one is above the team. Mr Favre thought he was and I now have zero respect for the man and will be cheering when he takes a season ending hit. Its like a messy divorce and when someone sits there bearing all emotions saying he just cant do it anymore and then goes around the back way to "do it some more" against your rival leaves a very bad taste in my mouth.

I now have zero respect for the man and will be cheering when he takes a season ending hit.QUOTE]
Here we go...
starwars.gif

From a man who sat in a press conference crying saying " I've given it everything I got, and I have nothing left to give" that turns around and CHOOSES to play for your old teams biggest rival is classless and he deserves to be booed. I'm a huge Packer fan and beleive no one is above the team. Mr Favre thought he was and I now have zero respect for the man and will be cheering when he takes a season ending hit. Its like a messy divorce and when someone sits there bearing all emotions saying he just cant do it anymore and then goes around the back way to "do it some more" against your rival leaves a very bad taste in my mouth.

Waaaahhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:moon:

You must've forgotten that his first choice was to continue to play for the Packers, but they wouldn't have him. Once they made that choice, there is no way they should be critical of what choices he might make.

I've never been a professional athlete. But I've got to believe that when they decide to call it quits, it's normal to have second thoughts. That competitive fire doesn't go out just because the body is beginning to say no. So much sour grapes because the guy is coming back to haunt those who couldn't wait to throw him out. Gotta believe this is the worst nightmare of those who made that decision...

GO VIKES!!!

NWBuck

I do not like the way that Favre went about getting where he is at but all athletes know that as long as the competitive fires are churning you always want to play.

If he wanted to come back and play why not regardless of what he said in the past. Sounds like the Packers did not want him so why not especially the way he is playing right now.

I think most of the people that are booing are just pis#ed at him and just jealous. I am neither a Packer or Viking fan and really have not hated someone on a team that much to wish bodily harm on them. It is just a game and life will go on. JMHO.

The man got run outta camp. They should be booing the management, not the man, especially since we now know what he's still capable of. I'm glad he's playing against my team now. I AM A PACKER FAN, but they got what they had coming to them...twice now! I'm still behind Rodgers and my pack all the way, but they needed a couple whoopins...

liv2hunt, you got issues dude...

He wanted to play for them, they could have kept him.

Green Bay management felt it in their best interest to develop Rogers. Looking down the road, they felt it surely would mean more success having a young gun at the helm. Everything is about money anymore. I wonder why so many stay loyal to their teams, team management make their cuts, players go where the money is. Favre wanted to stay, I really don't think it was about the money for him.

I'm a Packer fan, but was enthused to see Favre stick it to them.

not a fan of farve's or either team. the way farve was treated as he left green bay was pitiful. i understand that it was time to see what they had invested in rogers, but when a guy has done what farve did with/for green bay, you thank him, and release him. to limit where a future hall of famer gets to play out his remaing years, is disrespectful. minnesota runs the same system as GB, its only natural he would go to the team where he could step right in, and play. plus, they have the players inplace so farve won't have to carry the team on his back every week. with all the hoops GB had farve go through, i'm glad in ended up in minnesota. now that he has stuck it to the packers, i alomst wish for the career ending injury, so that every sportscast isn't filled with farve talk....every post season filled with daily stories of will he/ won't he be playing another year.

I'm a Packer fan, but was enthused to see Favre stick it to them.
How can you be a fan of a team and be happy that they lost? Favre was on a opposing team, the fans did what they do to every other quarterback that shows up to Lambaugh to play against the packers and that is booing. Yes the booing was excessive compared to other quarterbacks, but while Favre is playing agianst your team you boo him. After the game you can cheer for him, but if you are a true Packer fan you root for your team during the game no matter who is on the other side.

How can you be a fan of a team and be happy that they lost? Favre was on a opposing team, the fans did what they do to every other quarterback that shows up to Lambaugh to play against the packers and that is booing. Yes the booing was excessive compared to other quarterbacks, but while Favre is playing agianst your team you boo him. After the game you can cheer for him, but if you are a true Packer fan you root for your team during the game no matter who is on the other side.

True Packer fans are also upset with the team for the way in which they handled getting rid of Favre. That is why many of us true Packer fans weren't all that upset when he and the Vikings stuck it to our team, just as the GB management stuck it to Favre. It's that simple.

True Packer fans are also upset with the team for the way in which they handled getting rid of Favre. That is why many of us true Packer fans weren't all that upset when he and the Vikings stuck it to our team, just as the GB management stuck it to Favre. It's that simple.
Football is not about one man, and if you believe that seeing Favre and the vikings stick it to the Pack as a good thing because of how management treated him then you are not a True Packer fan. Favre is my all time favorite football player, I have watched and rooted for him for as long as i can remmeber. I will root for Favre to do good, in every game he plays, except for games agaisnt the pack. I dont see how you can root for Favre to beat the Packers, it is obvious if you do root for Favre to beat them then you are a Favre fan first and a Packer fan second.

Football is not about one man, and if you believe that seeing Favre and the vikings stick it to the Pack as a good thing because of how management treated him then you are not a True Packer fan. Favre is my all time favorite football player, I have watched and rooted for him for as long as i can remmeber. I will root for Favre to do good, in every game he plays, except for games agaisnt the pack. I dont see how you can root for Favre to beat the Packers, it is obvious if you do root for Favre to beat them then you are a Favre fan first and a Packer fan second.

If you read my post you would have seen that I said, "we weren't all that upset." I never said I was rooting against my team. All I was trying to get across was that maybe they had it coming to them, it's just unfortunate that the players are the one's who have to suffer, not so much the management. You can't give a competitor like Favre a reason to whoop your a$$, because he will, and he did...

:drink2:

Bitter and sweet.

"we weren't all that upset."
To me this says I am both a Favre fan and a Packer fan so if the Packers win I win and if Favre wins I win.

"we weren't all that upset."
To me this says I am both a Favre fan and a Packer fan so if the Packers win I win and if Favre wins I win.

Haha! Yep, you're right. That's exactly what it says. I love it when I win no matter what! :moon:

How about we make a game out of this. Hot/Cold would be a good one. So, right now you're COLD. Keep guessing what that statement meant.

First off let me clarify that I am a Viking fan and I originally did not like the idea of Favre as a Viking but the proof is there he is a difference maker!

For adults to boo in any situation shows a lack of class and a lack of maturity JMO. I have never understood why fans boo or sing silly goodbye songs or "overrated" chants at sporting events. Get a life!! :thrwrck:

And to end I will say this. Aaron Rodgers is one tough SOB and a damn good QB. Woodson is a stud , Grant sucks and Kampmon is not a linebacker he is a DE and WAS a very good DE.

Its time for me to quit typing and go shoot a deer.

Good luck everybody and be safe!!!! :way:

DannyBoy, Favre is gone, he is no longer a Packer. It is time for you to move on and root for the Packers not Favre.

Top Bottom