Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Pie bald?

You do, and if you're wrong you're fined I'd bet.

Depends on the CO & how "proud" they are of their badge. :rolleyes: Stupid law anyway. They are genetic misfits. Can blame the DM Register for that one. One of the very first color pix they ever printed way back when, was a totally tasteless pic of a guy with an albino deer he had shot with a big bloody spot on it's side in the Sunday sports page. Didn't take a rocket scientist to see where that was going... Within 6 months it was illegal to shoot "primarily white" deer in Iowa. That may still be the way the law is written. Shoot them & keep the pics to yourself! ;)

Well it was neat to see one but it's definitely at or below 50% brown so he's still walking.

Sent from my iPhone using IW

I got a pic of him in the field I will try and post later. See what you all think.

Depends on the CO & how "proud" they are of their badge. :rolleyes: Stupid law anyway. They are genetic misfits. Can blame the DM Register for that one. One of the very first color pix they ever printed way back when, was a totally tasteless pic of a guy with an albino deer he had shot with a big bloody spot on it's side in the Sunday sports page. Didn't take a rocket scientist to see where that was going... Within 6 months it was illegal to shoot "primarily white" deer in Iowa. That may still be the way the law is written. Shoot them & keep the pics to yourself! ;)

I remember that article and picture in the DM register. I agree on the stupidity of the law.

The pics were taken a little ways away with a cell camera so they aren't the best but here they are.

I'd be taking that pic to the CO and getting his opinion on the percentage. If he says it's over 50 brown I'd get it in writing and be hunting that buck hard.

Lottsa brown. Even his "white" areas are roan instead of white. I would be shooting... or maybe not... :confused: I don't have the space for a whole body mount, and that would surely be the way to do that guy justice. :) Good luck!

I'd be shooting that one, lots of brown and even his white really isn't pure white it seems. Neat deer worthy of a full body mount.

Well, 3 of us sitting had this deer trot by at under 100 feet. We were all unsure so we passed, for now. Absolutely made my weekend anyway. Hope to see him again.

I'd be taking that pic to the CO and getting his opinion on the percentage. If he says it's over 50 brown I'd get it in writing and be hunting that buck hard.

^^^^^ X2 call the Co and get his blessing and put him down. Awesome photos and good luck it would be nice to see the harvest pics.

Contacted our CO and his recommendation was to not harvest this deer. Just too much white judging by my pictures anyway. Oh well was still cool to see.

Top Bottom