Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Pole Saw/Pruners

THA4

A Few Steps Ahead Of You
hey all,

i have been using a Fiskas (i think that is how you spell it) pole saw, from Menards for quite a while, well, the truth is, i have exchanged it 4 times, and the molded plastic on the head keeps breaking.....

garbage, im now ready for something that isnt going to break as much... or at least get through a season or two!

where should i look for a higher quality tool?
is there a brand you'd recommend???

Thanks

Poulan Pro gas-powered pole saw. Works fantastic. More expensive, but I wouldn't trade it for the world.

im sure the gas powered deal is nice, but not to deer-friendly when clearing lanes prior to an afternoon sit. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif i should get one for the summer tho!

the one i have extends out to 14', and i need that length... but the molded plastic the head is made out of sucks! it is always the first to break!

keep the ideas comin! /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif
thanks!

I bought one at Lowe's in WDM last year and love it. Not sure of the brand I'm afraid but it's a fiberglass handled type that telescopes out to around 20' or more I believe. Made real sturdy and has the saw plus a pullcord operated shearer. Makes quick work of clearing lanes. Wish I could give you more details on it but you might check it out if you have a Lowe's nearby. Basically, it's the most expensive one they have until you get up to the power saw units. Could be wrong but I want to say I put about $40 or $50 into it.

I have the Menards yellow fiberglass one and it was $19.99 on sale. I've had it for 5 years and it still works great. You may have to tighten the bolts up every so often but a great saw for the money.

I agree with THA4 that the fiskers brand saw is junk, I did however also buy a smaller 6" blade saw of Fisker's (same trip to menards) and that little thing works excellent just don't buy their telescoping saw IMO.

Thanks for the plug RUDD!
For hunting on the fly same day sits where you dont want to haul around a big fricken pole saw. We use the Strap N Saw from Kwik-Strap. Works mint and takes up no space in the pack. The Kwik-
Straps that come with the saw are also very handy for keeping antlers, treesteps.....queit while transporting in the pack. I also use the Kwik-Strap hole for keeping a back up arrow readily close. See the link.
Anybody interested let me know.
Strap n Saw

My next big purchase will be the gas powered pole saw. Great for post season when scouting and getting next years sites ready to go.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Gerber. </div></div>

I dunno about that one... If it's the Gerber pole saw that is in The Sportsmans Guide then I'd strongly say NO. I bought that piece of sheeet and it broke in half while I was sawing the FIRST limb. The pruner attachment is worth while though.

I go through a Fiskers every year...lifetime warranty? Yes, but good luck making that work out for you. They sent me the wrong parts twice, so I finally gave up and just bought another one. Not much for selection in my neck of the woods. Wesspur looks interesting, but they sure are proud of theirs.

I finally checked on mine and it's a "Corona" brand saw. Never heard of it I guess but it's a good unit. Didn't come with a lime though. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Iowabowtech</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I finally checked on mine and it's a "Corona" brand saw. Never heard of it I guess but it's a good unit. Didn't come with a lime though. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif </div></div>

We've got two of these. A 12' and 14'. They seem to work well.

Corona Tree Pruner's

Yep that's the one JJ. Mine's the 14' dual action unit. I guess when I was thinking 20' I was figuring the total reach by the time you hold it up in outstretched arms.

I picked one up at Theisens and its about as heavy duty as they get. Don't know the brand on it but it seems to work great.

Friskers is Junk?????????

I have had mine for 5 years now and have beat the living he!! out of it will no problems at all..

I have used it as a hammer, an axe, a pry bar and of course as a saw and pruner..

I have zero complaints with mine and would reccomend it to anyone..

Again, I doubt anyone is harder on their saw then me and it has held up great...

Top Bottom