Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Possible WR in Buffalo County

i just watched that video again, and ill tell you this much,

not 240 as a typical, and the video quality is so poor that its tough to tell if he has any junk..... he has the frame to be that large, but still in velvet with such poor (internet) video quality, its hard to determine what his potential is..... if he is clean, id say he will be knocking on the 213" door without too much difficulty, but i guess we will have to wait and see.....

/forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Yeah, I wouldn't be posting that video if he's still alive.</div></div>
DITTO!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Saskguy</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Yeah, I wouldn't be posting that video if he's still alive.</div></div>
DITTO! </div></div>

yeah...I shouldnt have posted it /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

But seriously... I like to share...but a deer like that...Call me greedy but you'd see the harvest pics before anyone knew about him. but reading the article, this is an outfitter...Video like that is sure to drum up some buisness. I wonder how many people will be loking up his hunting leases in the county, and go looking for the deer...I would assume more than one.

But what I really like better is...Hey..instead of leaving him be, slipping in there and setting a stand or two to get him, lets whistle and holler at him, help get him spooked up and uncomfortable in his feeding area before season. But maybe thats just me, I like to be tender with the big fellas and not mess with them.

I'm not one of there whitetail experts, but In my opinion...he is a super giant...but not a contender for typ WR, or non-typ. Too many deductions for typ, and with non-typ deer ranging over 300"...well that will take a lot!

Anyway you look at it though, he's a giant!

In the last two weeks I've had several people mention this deer and I knew there was video of him but never figured it would end up on the net. "LOOSE LIPS LOSE HORNS!!"

The figures on this deer is he's 220 frame but he does have a nasty sticker (double point) on his right side around the g4 area. Most feel the deer will net well over 200 and possibly 210.

Problem I have with this judgement is how many people actually know what a 220 inch typicl looks like? There are very very few of them ever recorded and there certainly arnt but a couple on the hoof at any given time. I doubt the deer is 220 inches as a pure typical.

The fun part is that by the time this video makes the internet rounds, this deer will be well over 250 typical and will have lived in 8 different states and 3 Canadian provinces.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tlambert</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yeah, I wouldn't be posting that video if he's still alive. </div></div>

Said from Bluff county outfitters. If he's an outfitter, I'm surprised he hasn't posted that video everywhere and called every magazine out there.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dc240nt</div><div class="ubbcode-body">In the last two weeks I've had several people mention this deer and I knew there was video of him but never figured it would end up on the net. "LOOSE LIPS LOSE HORNS!!"

The figures on this deer is he's 220 frame but he does have a nasty sticker (double point) on his right side around the g4 area. Most feel the deer will net well over 200 and possibly 210.

Problem I have with this judgement is how many people actually know what a 220 inch typicl looks like? There are very very few of them ever recorded and there certainly arnt but a couple on the hoof at any given time. I doubt the deer is 220 inches as a pure typical.

The fun part is that by the time this video makes the internet rounds, this deer will be well over 250 typical and will have lived in 8 different states and 3 Canadian provinces. </div></div>

at least in that many states lol... it will be fun to hear the stories tho.

Whatever he is and whoever shoots him, he's a giant! WR or not.

I gotta agree with others though. If I had a buck like that, heck any buck....I'm keeping my mouth shut! I wouldn't even tell Mom.

I may be wrong and its hard to tell with the grainy video but his right G-2 looks like a common-base point, the same type of point that destroyed the net score on the "Zaft Buck". I would have to let him walk for that reason alone. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

Top Bottom