Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Preferred Drop Away

jharrell

I'm pretty sure we have covered this but I couldn't find it. What is the preferred drop away rest? I currently use a Trap Door Mach 4. I think I shot more accurate with my original Trap Door micro adjust but that could just be me.

Also, what does everyone think of the Whisker Biscuit?

I have the Trophy Taker Shakey Hunter and really like it a lot. I have shot with the Drop Zone and the Quik Tune 4000 and this one takes the cake.

My wifes bow has the Whisker Biscuit and her arrows fly just fine out of them but found I have to re fletch her arrows more regularly.

My preference "Trophy Taker Shakey Hunter".

Although i do have a question for the people that do shoot with the Trophy Takers. I've heard you guys talk about applying somthing on your rest to quiet it. What is it?

moleskin. another vote for the TT. I have tried all but the DropZone....I now have 2 TT original arms and 1 TT Shakey.....great Simple rest.

Another vote for the T.T.,I've been using the original T.T. for 3 years now and never had a problem with it.Excellent rest,very simple and very durable.

Trophy Taker with moleskin. Works awesome. I would love to try a Drop Zone but the price I got on my TT was too good.

Hunting I love the drop zone, target I love the TT, 3D I use which ever of the two are on the bow! They are both excellant rests and very easy to adjust. I have found the Drop zone a little easier to paper tune.

Your local Wally World probably has some on clearance. Some come in black but most is camo. Your local archery shop probably has some as well.

Hey I've got an idea Muddy. You send me your TT and I'll send you my Drop Zone and we can try them out. Okay, you send me yours first.
evil.gif

I also use the trophy-taker shakey hunter. To quiet it down, I found these things that look like little limb savers. You attach them so that they stick up a little above your shelf so the prongs hit that instead of your shelf. Worked great for quieting it down. I need to find a better method to make it stick a little better. Great rest.

If you want bang for your buck,try a Golden Key TKO.Can be shot as a drop-away or switched to spring loaded.I love mine and not nearly expensive as some others.....

Like the majority who have responded, I also use Trophy Takers. I have the Shakey in camo on my hunting bow, and the original blackie on my 3d rig. The moleskin works as well as anything to quiet them.

Trophy Taker original....I use a little moleskin cut in a "V" pattern for the fork, and a small square on the shelf to reduce any noise from when the fork falls. I don't think they come much simpler than the TT, never had an issue with mine yet. One thing I will add however, if you do choose to buy one.....make sure your Pro Shop serves the string from the the rest THROUGH the cable and not just around it. Originally that's how mine was set up, and over time the serving slipped not allowing my rest to come up all the way at full draw. Hope this helps.
CRITR

Top Bottom