Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Primetime vids

Guys, I apologize if I have ruffled feathers. But this is what I have realized about the situation.

It is all about the bottom line.

I currently cannot afford to lease hunting ground. However, If I could afford it I probably would. I do have children, and the problem is other people are leasing ground up around me also. The only way to keep the ground I hunt in the future is to lease it. I am pretty sure that if other people had the money to spend on a lease I am sure they would.

There is public ground that is open to all public...

There is private ground that is owned by private individuals or farming corporations...

Lets say that you are a landowner...

If "Joe Hunter" comes to your farm and says "Do you think it would be alright for me to hunt your land?" .

If "John Hunter" comes to your farm and says "Sir, may I pay you $10 to $15 an acre to hunt your farm?"

I am pretty sure you would say yes to the guy offering the money.

It is a tough cookie to swallow.

I cant afford to lease ground myself.

If I could I would.

Man...this is getting to be like the movie "Groundhog Day"...
grin.gif

2001 Post

[ QUOTE ]
Man...this is getting to be like the movie "Groundhog Day"...

[/ QUOTE ]

10/4 Ghost. I just feel sorry for the next generation. We (You and I) luckily own ground but I am busting my hump working 16 hour days paying for it.
Just can't believe logged out woods is bringing $3000 an acre same as tillable.
They used to give it away with the land.
smirk.gif

Enough for now.
grin.gif

Buckslayr,I dont have a problem with somebody leasing land for a place to hunt,like you if I could afford it I would to.My problem is land being leased for the purpose of making a dollar buy selling a video. I guess I am sour because of the tatics I seen the Primetime boys use on land next to ours just to get a buck on film.I could care less about somebody shooting a 200" buck on tape unless it is somebody like the members here that put in the time and effort to earn that buck,not having somebody do the scouting for you and putting up stands in prime spots just for them to come in that week.I respect more of the video that the member Lonewolf is putting together.

The sad part is lease or no lease you probably aren't going to go and just get "free" permission to hunt where these people hunt anyway. Most good deer territory (200" deer type) is pretty well sacred ground. Ever take a Sunday drive south and east of Albia? You can't drive 200 yards without seeing a sign telling you that you don't have a chance to hunt there. QDMA Area - No Tresspassing Heck it might as well say Mastercard and Visa for all that matters. So like I said, lease or no lease it is mostly all about access to land in general. I'm glad we don't have real big deer where I hunt. Maybe it is blessing...then again if we do, I will never say. All the good deer I have ever shot came from over in the Warren County area. Ha,Ha.....

about the bet response i've read on this thread. I too hunt where a 140" deer is a real treat. Almost a blessing in this day and age...

Mine should be here by wednesday of next week
grin.gif

I looked at all the local pro shops, and no one had it and when I asked if they were getting it they all looked at me like I was nuts.
Cant wait to see monsters hit the ground.

Dean

Sold out at scheels, had to order online from Cabellas.
Awesome video to say the least. Lots of bow hunts with good footage and big dear.

[ QUOTE ]
The sad part is lease or no lease you probably aren't going to go and just get "free" permission to hunt where these people hunt anyway. Most good deer territory (200" deer type) is pretty well sacred ground. Ever take a Sunday drive south and east of Albia? You can't drive 200 yards without seeing a sign telling you that you don't have a chance to hunt there. QDMA Area - No Tresspassing Heck it might as well say Mastercard and Visa for all that matters. So like I said, lease or no lease it is mostly all about access to land in general. I'm glad we don't have real big deer where I hunt. Maybe it is blessing...then again if we do, I will never say. All the good deer I have ever shot came from over in the Warren County area. Ha,Ha.....

[/ QUOTE ]

I think your statement is just a little general. I put QDMA signs on the area I hunt which includes no trespassing on the sign. That is just saying there is no trespassing and to respect someone's land and the person practices QDM. You would think you would want to try to get on that piece not try to shy away from it. It absolutely doesnt mean that you cant come ask if you can hunt, because being the game manager of this particular farm I put the signs on, there are people allowed to hunt it besides me. Oh and they arent family, they are aquaintences. You scratch my back I'll scratch yours type of place but I dont offer my place up first
grin.gif

But I will expect you to adhere to my rules of what you can shoot and what you cant. If you dont, congrats you just lost a place to hunt FOR FREE! Ask the last 2 acquaintences.

I'm not knocking Deer Management, but in many cases these areas do attract many deep pocket hunters. In your case you must be pretty generous. If you run out of friends who can follow rules my hunting partner and I can give it a shot for you. I like to shoot does when necessary but my tag never will go towards culling out others unwanted. Unless they don't want 150"+ deer. Ha, Ha...

Top Bottom