Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Private Property - Remove Stand Please.

msauer933

I am reluctant to post this here because I would hope all of you respect property lines, however you may know who this is or there may be lurkers on this site that are involved.

There are two stands that shouldn't be there on private property in Jasper County. The private farm is located just SE of Valeria and NE of Mitchellville. The reason I am giving the benefit of the doubt and a warning before I take them is that the private land butts up against public land (Chichaqua) so it can get confusing as to where you are (no excuse in the end). I was out today and posted a sign on each tree that has a stand. If you have stands in the area or know someone who does, please remove them asap. The next time I am out they are mine. PM me if you have questions.

Stand Location #1 (green arrow)

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=41.712328,-93.318264&num=1&t=h&z=15

Stand Location #2 (green arrow)

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=41.704671,-93.317664&num=1&t=h&z=15

Overall aerial for reference.

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=41.706626,-93.316183&num=1&t=h&z=13

you give more warning than i would. they should have been down 7 days after season even if they thought they were on public!

If I owned the land I would have them now. We are family friends of the owner and I hunt the property. The property owners are nice people and wanted to give a warning first so this is it.

Have the DNR come take them down...the trespassers can call them if they want them back and collect their ticket at the same time!

Take them and put a note on the tree in a zip lock bag that tells them to call you if they want their stands back. If they call you they pry made an honest mistake, if they dont they know they werent supposed to be there and the stands are yours.

Not trying to start anything but was this post refering to the deleted post titled ????.

I made a post and then couldn't find it later. :confused:

Somebody must of said something??

Thanks

No this is a different post but about the same topic I dont know why that other thread was deleted:rolleyes: POWER TRIP maybe!

i see, i guess i was thinking you were the land owner. i can see giving some warning. but i like the idea where you take them and leave a note to call you!!

Leave the tree stands in the tree's but take a chain saw to em..make sure they fall on the tree stand side and smash them up. Then leave a note on there stand telling them to remove it!! LOL!!

I was told to take them to the house and do the ziplock baggy thing. If they come to get em ask for ID, as the landowner or lesee you have that right here, you can even ask for their hunting license if they are on your property, write down the details hand em back their ID give em the stands and tell em they can either go to the sherriff and collect their ticket now or he'll be contactin em. Sadly so far no takers

Jeffcohuntr said:
I was told to take them to the house and do the ziplock baggy thing. If they come to get em ask for ID, as the landowner or lesee you have that right here, you can even ask for their hunting license if they are on your property, write down the details hand em back their ID give em the stands and tell em they can either go to the sherriff and collect their ticket now or he'll be contactin em. Sadly so far no takers

Wait.... You don't own the land but you're kicking people off??

bowhntin said:

I remember we had someone do this on our property, made my Dad a little mad. Some renter was telling people there was no hunting in the area trespassed and shot a few Bucks and sold the racks.

I have it leased for 5yrs and according to the law I have that right as a lesee. If there are ANY issues my landowner is behind me 100%. Apparently YOU haven't been keepin up with what I have posted the last couple weeks so I don't think your in ANY position to question MY actions. Unless your my trespasser :rolleyes:

Well after reading your posts in this and other threads I've come to 2 conclusions A yer a internet troll and a have zero respect for anyone else or B your Harry Blodgett the trespasser

Last edited:
I remember we had someone do this on our property, made my Dad a little mad. Some renter was telling people there was no hunting in the area trespassed and shot a few Bucks and sold the racks.
You say he was a renter, if his agreement was for renting the whole place and not just the house, he was in the right. Sounds like antler envy took over and made your dad mad. JMHO of course based on the phrase you posted and zero background. Wanna point fingers I can too :way:

Jeffcohuntr said:
I have it leased for 5yrs and according to the law I have that right as a lesee. If there are ANY issues my landowner is behind me 100%. Apparently YOU haven't been keepin up with what I have posted the last couple weeks so I don't think your in ANY position to question MY actions. Unless your my trespasser :rolleyes:

Well after reading your posts in this and other threads I've come to 2 conclusions A yer a internet troll and a have zero respect for anyone else or B your Harry Blodgett the trespasser

Apparently I'm not the "Internet troll" that you think I am...you've made one post on this entire thread and I asked a simple question...who are you to come back with this? This is a pretty bias topic as it seems everyone is always for taking the stands...don't forget we are all humans and make mistakes...maybe someday the world will revolve around you buddy ;)

not sure if it was Sauer or not, but I clearly remember someone posting the "OVERALL AERIAL" photo during bow season and asking where they should put up a stand.

For the record. A guy I work with decided to yank some stands off a fenceline because the way they were hung too close to his stand. This is a multiple people hunting the same land deal. He did the ziplock baggy thing with a note. The county sheriff was the only one to show up and told him he could write him a ticket for stealing...he ended up giving the stands back and it turned out to be the final straw for the landowner, so now no-one can hunt that ground. My co-worker lives in the area and strickly bowhunts, so the shotgun hunters in the area (who can no longer hunt that land) are less than happy with him.

Regardless, it's bad enough situation...I'd check with the proper authorities before taking the stands because there's no reason to throw gas on a fire:way:

Top Bottom