Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Question on Camo

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Fishbonker</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Took a nap on the cold wet ground

The 'Bonker </div></div>

Practicing for the eternal dirt nap???? /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

We met up after the hunt and when Bonker told me he laid down and took a nap, my first comment was that the cold wet dirt would suck the heat right out of a guy. His comment was that the GWW's kept him nice and toasty.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Fishbonker</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If Ida had a pillow I'd still be laying out there. </div></div>

Nah, I'd never leave a fallen soldier behind! /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif

I think it's amusing that he had on two sets of under armour and his heavily insulated gray wolf stuff this early in the season!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: muddy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I think it's amusing that he had on two sets of under armour and his heavily insulated gray wolf stuff this early in the season! </div></div>

Gettin old!!!!!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: muddy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I think it's amusing that he had on two sets of under armour and his heavily insulated gray wolf stuff this early in the season! </div></div>

I was born cold and haven't warmed up yet. Sure wish there was away I could reset my internal thermometer.

I layed down because I just couldn't get comfy. Vince "The Hammer" did my PT that morning and by 1500 I was feelin pretty achy. I kept shifting and moving on my cushion while leaning against a tree. I figured if I kept movin around that nothin would come in range for Randy to take a shot at so I laid down. I heard the 1800 whistle blow in West Branch and figured I better sit up and look around. You guessed it, there was a doe dead down wind heading away from me. I managed to get my range finder up and it read 47 yards. Way too far out. So I sat all the way up. She turned broadside to me and ate a few more of Randy's beans. I figured if she was stoooopid enough to stand dead down wind I was stoooooopid enough to shoot at her. I got my crossbow up and she still stood there. I've shot it out to 40 yards with pretty good accuracy so I figured she was 50 yards. I held the reticle about a foot over her back and pulled the trigger. It fell quite a bit short, but it was close enough to make her move on.

By the way, that dirt nap last Wednesday afternoon/evening was the last good rest I had. House full of grandkids and assorted relatives with one bathroom and a wedding to get ready for......the house is so quite today. Last group left at 0930 this AM. Oh yeah, my wife had a suprize root canal Friday three hours before the rehersal dinner.

Bourbon is proof that God wants all his children to get along. Well, bourbon, beer and a campfire away from all the comotion.

The 'Bonker

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: muddy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You had a campfire and didn't invite me? </div></div>

What part of "one bathroom" didn't you understand? I know you won't "go" outside in the dark and you would have had to arm wrestle (and probably lose) for a place in the squat to pee line.

I was actually hoping, quite fervently, that you would call and need a place to hang a deer or three. That would have been a sweet distraction. Not to mention the conversations a big assed doe hanging in the tree would have started.

The 'Bonker

Don't make me tap my foot under the stall, a la Thomas Allan style.

/forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

Top Bottom