Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Rage broadheads and Drury

I believe I saw a certain self-indulging picture that I never want to ever see again a week or two ago.

Well if everyone has seen it I won't post it again.

Today you got lucky Thomas!!
grin.gif

*Fighting temptation to post old thread*
evil.gif

Hell that thread is what got me signed back into IW.... Things like that keep this place entertaining!

I like the new name new name too!!

"T-for the money, and B-slay(r) for the show" (just like the classic results, so I hear)
shocked.gif
LOL

Oh and sorry to be Waaaaayyyy
offtopic.gif

[ QUOTE ]
the classic results, so I hear)
shocked.gif
LOL

[/ QUOTE ]

dont forget that jeremy!!!!!
cool.gif

I work as an archery tech in florida and the rage is the ultimate blade here. one of my customers is shooting the new pse x force at 70lbs and a 30 in draw and blew through the left rear leg with the rage. even with this poor quality shot he still retrieved his kill. also later on the next weekend he killed a 4 point with the same broadhead as the doe at 40yds with a clean pass through with a hole the size of a beer can.

this passthrough concern could be due to low poundage and heavier shafts, personally haven't seen the show been busy in the archery shop that i work at but haven't had one problem with a bone or kill with the blade yet in florida.

The Drurys actually do get passthroughs on their vids with the Rages, but not always. I'd have to agree that they're probably using lower poundage with heavier shafts, and with their success...its hard to argue that those heads aren't extremely lethal and effective.

I shot a couple does this weekend with 2 blade rages. 1 pass through, 2 no. On the 2 no pass, shot placement was poor. On the pass through, shot placement wasn't great either.

On the pass through, I was a little high and a little far back, got the top of the lungs I think and the liver? Big hole on entrance and exit smashing through the rib cage. Deer went 30 yards.

10-15-07009.jpg

This next pic is of the entrance wound. Hit this deer WAY too far forward. Rage shattered the front leg and cut the windpipe. Deer went 30 yards.

10-15-07011.jpg

FWIW- I have a buddy and a brother both using Rage's this year. They have both shot bucks- both pass thrus. One is using a Mathews and the other a Browning. Neither guy is pulling a ton of weight- mid 60's or so for poundage. Left a helluva hole and lots of blood. one buck went 80 yards and the other went 40 yards. I've noticed that the Drury's like shoulder shots. Getting a pass through on a couple shoulder blades might be asking a little much of a mechanical?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Getting a pass through on a couple shoulder blades might be asking a little much of a mechanical? </div></div>

Mechanical?...I'd go the next step and say any standard archery equipment.

Shooting shoulder blades might put you closer to the heart, but in general without a pass-thru tracking is more tough.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BUCKCRACK</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Neither guy is pulling a ton of weight- mid 60's or so for poundage.</div></div> I am curious on if there is a minimum pulling weight on these heads?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BUCKCRACK</div><div class="ubbcode-body">FWIW- I have a buddy and a brother both using Rage's this year. They have both shot bucks- both pass thrus. One is using a Mathews and the other a Browning. Neither guy is pulling a ton of weight- mid 60's or so for poundage. Left a helluva hole and lots of blood. one buck went 80 yards and the other went 40 yards. I've noticed that the Drury's like shoulder shots. Getting a pass through on a couple shoulder blades might be asking a little much of a mechanical? </div></div>

Yeah I did notice that Mark and Terry both shoot the shoulder blades, that is probably the key issue. On Dream Season 10 the other guys on it have several bow kills with the Rage and most are pass throughs.

Top Bottom