Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Rage Broadheads

blake

Life Member
header.jpg

NEWS:

RAGE Video Footage Available Online

Superior, Wisconsin (May 6, 2009) - Everyone is talking about Rage broadheads, and now you can see why.

From TV personalities to outdoor writers to your everyday bowhunter, the Rage broadhead is definitely the talk of the industry. That's because Rage broadheads offer the proprietary rear-deploying SlipCam blade technology that presents fully deployed blades on impact with no loss of kinetic energy. In storage and in flight, the exclusive Shocklock System holds each blade in place without the need for rubber bands. Simply push the blades into place, and they will automatically lock down. With 1.5- and 2-inch cutting diameters, the Rage broadhead’ hyperextend at impact to produce giant entry holes and devastating wound channels. All of this adds up to awesome blood trails and quicker recovery of game, even on shots that are less than perfect.

And now, you can see what everybody is talking about for yourself. Using high-speed photography, Rage has produced several videos showcasing the unique blade-deployment operation and deep, wide cutting path. Visit the Rage website at www.ragebroadheads.com for an in-depth look at this revolutionary broadhead, and become a believer!

"For so many bowhunters, seeing is believing," said Jon Syverson, Rage Vice President of Sales. "Words just don't do the Rage justice. To understand the incredible advantage a hunter gains from the instant of impact, you need to see the video presentation of how the system works."

The Rage is available in 100-grain weights in either a 2-Blade design, with either the new 1.5-inch or the giant 2-inch cutting diameter, or 3-Blade design, with a 1.5 inch cutting diameter. All models retail for $44.99 for a package of three with a practice head. For more information about the Rage, please write: The Rage, 101 Main Street, Superior, Wisconsin 54880; or call 1-715-395-0020.

Karen Lutto (830) 755-4308 or [email protected]
Mike Nischalke (703) 380-3595 or [email protected]

Wow, they sure have went up in price :) But if I have to shoot a expandable I will definitely shoot rage or Tekan II. Both work great in my opinion

You could probably shoot a buck in the ear with a rage and he would be down in less 100 yards. I swear by them.

I've never seen them for over $39.99 for three, plus you get a practice head. Spendy but not totally outRAGEous.

OK, so $40 for 3 broad heads plus a practice head which you don't need because they're expandables and fly like field points... Too much for bank for this guy and not just cuz I'm cheap.

I bought 9 of them, 3 practice heads a couple yrs ago for about 80 bucks, I figure I'm good for about 5 yrs based on low tag #'s, maybe 6, just a drop in the bucket really money wise on the sport I love.

I will stick with fixed blade heads!!!

They fly just like fieldpoints out of my bows, so I see no need to shoot a mechanical head.

I'm not one to worry about what other's shoot, I could care less. i do however find it a bit odd that some people worry about the price of a broadhead when they shoot a bow that is worth close to $1000, sometimes even more. I figure with a $300 Bengal I can splurge a bit on what goes on the end of the arrow.

Shoot whatever makes you happy!!!

I think $13.33 for a broadhead is getting pretty high.

How many of you guys shoot your broadheads before you hunt with them?

And I am not talking about practice heads or practice blades here, I am talking about the actual heads you will be hunting with..

I would never go into the woods unless I knew the exact heads I will be using are flying great...

I shoot the heads with hunting blades not practice blades, then after I am sure they are flying good, I replace the blades with a fresh set and hit the woods.

I never trust that a broadhead will fly good, I always shoot it before hunting with it..

I think the whole concept of a practice broadhead is ridiculous!!!

The design on these is sweet, I've been really tempted to give them a shot but can't find any reason to switch away from fix blades that fly perfectly, so still stick to Slick Tricks.

The design on these is sweet, I've been really tempted to give them a shot but can't find any reason to switch away from fix blades that fly perfectly, so still stick to Slick Tricks.

I would agree. I shoot Rages, but if I were a 'fixed-blade' guy, I would see no reason to change if my fixed blades flew great.

HOWEVER, since I do use the Rages, the do fly true as can be and rip one heck of a hole in the deer! They are worth every penny to me...I've even used the blades twice on does and had complete pass throughs both times on the second rounds...

I won't have anything but Rages in my quiver this upcoming bowseason. I've used them for three years and never had a problem! To each their own...

I'm not one to worry about what other's shoot, I could care less. i do however find it a bit odd that some people worry about the price of a broadhead when they shoot a bow that is worth close to $1000, sometimes even more. I figure with a $300 Bengal I can splurge a bit on what goes on the end of the arrow.

I agree 100% percent!! I know guys that have bow setups OVER $1000 and will bitch when a broadhead or something else goes up $5.

I was the biggest skeptic of mechanicals for years until I tried the Rage (2 blade) 2 years ago. I have shot 4 deer with them in the last 2 seasons and none have them has traveled more than 50 yards and the blood trails were insane. How do you put a price tag on a lost deer? Use a sharp broadhead and shoot straight.

I argue with my brothers as they shoot them and I'll never touch them (again, I shot them for ONE YEAR- Done after that!).
They love them because poor shots or any shots they can blow big holes in deer.

I DO NOT like them because I've seen on MANY OCCASIONS 1st hand:
1)Rediculously poor penetration, seen it 3 times now (from buddies footage that he video taped) where it stuck in the deer a couple inches and fell right back out- ribs and one shoulder area shot. My mx-3's would never have that happen!
2)blades open on way to stand- bump anything or just keep in quiver and they open super easy and get all messed up, my buddy shot a deer and didn't realize the blade was open and arrow veered way off (ok that's what he says)
3)Rubber bands are shot before a season is finished.
4)They fly different that field tips, seen it DOZENS upon DOZENS of times. There is a difference!!!!! Sometimes minor, sometimes significant. I put $100 on the line I could out-shoot my bros and some guys - I had fixed blades, they had Rage practice tips- I won $100. But, my point about field tips and rages, we tested that and I was right again- difference for sure :)

I don't care what my brothers argue with me OR what the ads and celebs show- penetration is poor, bones don't do well with these, way over priced and way to many elements that make me nervous!!!!!!!! I don't care about price, way too many other reasons I won't touch them again!

Last edited:
I argue with my brothers as they shoot them and I'll never touch them (again, I shot them for ONE YEAR- Done after that!).
They love them because poor shots or any shots they can blow big holes in deer.

I DO NOT like them because I've seen on MANY OCCASIONS 1st hand:
1)Rediculously poor penetration, seen it 3 times now (from buddies footage that he video taped) where it stuck in the deer a couple inches and fell right back out- ribs and one shoulder area shot. My mx-3's would never have that happen!
2)blades open on way to stand- bump anything or just keep in quiver and they open super easy and get all messed up, my buddy shot a deer and didn't realize the blade was open and arrow veered way off (ok that's what he says)
3)Rubber bands are shot before a season is finished.
4)They fly different that field tips, seen it DOZENS upon DOZENS of times. There is a difference!!!!! Sometimes minor, sometimes significant. I put $100 on the line I could out-shoot my bros and some guys - I had fixed blades, they had Rage practice tips- I won $100. But, my point about field tips and rages, we tested that and I was right again- difference for sure :)

I don't care what my brothers argue with me OR what the ads and celebs show- penetration is poor, bones don't do well with these, way over priced and way to many elements that make me nervous!!!!!!!! I don't care about price, way too many other reasons I won't touch them again!

I believe Sligh1 has hit on all of the reasons to stay away from these poor heads. Why these things are still getting hype I have no idea. Worst archery product I have ever used.

Top Bottom