Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Rage vs Meat Seeker

Scott

Same basic idea behind both heads but a little different approach with each. Anyone have experience with both? I have shot 2 blade rages the last few years without issue but was thinking these looked a little sturdier. I hate that I can't ever seem to change the blades on rages, usually one and done for me.

nannyslayer has used the meat seekers for a few years now and seems to like them quite a bit.

Just buy the titanium Rages Fred. You can easily replace the blades on those as they actually have screws holding them vs that crap the orginals have. A little pricey though...... ;)

Ever think about the NAP Bloodrunners? I've had a hard time not buying them, they look REALLY solid.

I shot the meat seekers for a few years. Never had any problems with them. Just got sick of o-rings. Went back to a fixed blade and don't see myself changing anytime soon. Have heard good things about the bloodrunners too. Other than the bulky ferrule (which just annoys me). You get the best of both worlds with the bloodrunners (fixed/mechanical).

Ever think about the NAP Bloodrunners? I've had a hard time not buying them, they look REALLY solid.

For what its worth I'm a rookie with bow hunting however I agree with muddy here I like the nap three blade bloodrunners very solid IMHO

I have used Meat seekers the past two years, killing 8 does with them. I don't believe I will ever switch back to fixed blades. Every shot was a pass through leaving a devastating wound channel. The only one that went 100 yards was one that I shot too far back. But I did see her crash right at 100 yards I backed out and gave her a few hours and she was dead. Most have only gone 20 yards. One doe jumped on impact and for a split second I thought I missed until I saw the blood spraying out on both sides. She dropped right there after about 30 seconds. I would highly reccomend meat seekers although the O-rings can sometimes be a pain.

I have used Meat seekers the past two years, killing 8 does with them. I don't believe I will ever switch back to fixed blades. Every shot was a pass through leaving a devastating wound channel. The only one that went 100 yards was one that I shot too far back. But I did see her crash right at 100 yards I backed out and gave her a few hours and she was dead. Most have only gone 20 yards. One doe jumped on impact and for a split second I thought I missed until I saw the blood spraying out on both sides. She dropped right there after about 30 seconds. I would highly reccomend meat seekers although the O-rings can sometimes be a pain.

Yep. One of my favorite heads. My quiver holds six arrows, 3 are always tipped with meat seekers, other 3 have rage 3 blades.

I have used the meat seekers since they came out and have always been impressed. They pass through very well and leave a great blood trail to follow. Almost all deer I have shot have fallen within sight or just outside. Rubberbands can become a pain but thats bout all I could find wrong. great choice if you buy them. The "RAGE" isnt the rage with me a buddy shot them and they opened before they hit anything IMO that aint cool even if it only happens once. He had just put them on the arrows how is that possible. Go with the meat seekers!

I had a buddy give me a new 2 blade Rage last year to try. I shot a buck back a little and the blood trail was unreal. I recovered the buck but I dont like the o ring as it seemed a little micky mouse to me. I had it open up alot in the quiver.

I have been following this thread because I am very close to trying the MS this year.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using IW

I shot 2 does last year with meat seekers, 20 yard shots and under, both were in the pump house!!!! Piss poor blood and worked for 3 days to recover the animals and never did. After reviewing the footage in super slow motion, the arrows ricocheted and exited straight down. I tested a few after that by shooting them through a 20 lb boneless piece of beef chuck roll and they where almost always not deploying. Garbage if you want my opinion.

Garbage, shot 2 does last year, piss poor blood and after 3 days of searching could not recover animal. Both shots were inside 20 yards and right in the pump house!! After that I tested a couple on a 20 lb piece of boneless beef chuck roll. After numerous shots the the blades would almost necer deply. Terrible Broadhead. Wouldnt waste my time with them. Have killed 2 bucks with rages and my wife has shot one with rage and all 3 were dead after 80 yards. Just one guys opinion and experience.

I just picked up some 2 blade NAP Blood Runners. I hope they are as good as advertised. :way:

Same here!!! the guy in the check out line in front of me said i was going to love them...then he went on to tell me that he shot a 150class buck last year (bragger!!;)) and it left a HUGE blood trail!!! Looking forward to using them this fall:way:

Last edited:
I just picked up some 2 blade NAP Blood Runners. I hope they are as good as advertised. :way:

You won't be disappointed with that head as well. I have seen some guys using them for turkey hunting, and man they are not very meat friendly on those birds.

nannyslayer said:
You won't be disappointed with that head as well. I have seen some guys using them for turkey hunting, and man they are not very meat friendly on those birds.

I bought the practice heads and they definitely do not fly like field points. Kind of disappointing. I am going to try to paper tune my bow and see if that helps

Sent from my SCH-I500 using IW

Top Bottom