Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Rage vs Meat Seeker

I tried nap bloodrunners only problem is after shooting a few times into an animal or dirt they tend to freeze in the open position even after trying to clean them .so i decided to try something else out this year.

I started using the 2 blade rage 100 gr. I've killed two deer with them I could but my fist in the hole. Incredible blood trail!

arrow flinger

I use 100 gr Rage 2 blades as well. Giant entry holes and blood trails look
like a crime scene!! I also think the oring is chinsy design. Def the weakest link on this style head. The positives outweigh the negatives tho so I stick with em

Guys im new to the sight, but ive been a bowtech and worked in a pro shop for quite a few years and sold many of fixed and expandable broadheads but honestly the rage 2 blade sell 5 to 1 over any of them! I also shoot the rage titainium way stronger!

I like the Rage Titanium as well. The blade design is much better and they don't come loose like the originals. The entrance hole is 2nd to none.

ARbowhtr said:
Has anyone used the new G5 3 blade machanicals? They look good, but I have not shot them.

I shot t3's last year...basically just like a rage except you can change the blades 100x faster

Crazy amount of $$$ for a broadhead.

Mobile Cooter

I bought a bunch from an archery shop that was closing for 39$ a pack. They are definitely more solid than the originals.

Hell a box of Federal Premiums, loaded with a 180grain Barnes Triple Shock bullet for my 300 Ultra Mag is 98$. Makes broadheads seem cheap. :D

I think 2-blade Rages speak for themselves :way::way: ..............

wj6lw6.jpg

(I've never had a deer run farther than 150 yds with a good hit with a rage, easy blood trails to follow and well the exit wound, is devistating to say the least

Why do people shoot two blade instead of 3, Is it for better penatration? It seems to me that you would have a better chance of missing an artery.

ARbowhtr said:
Why do people shoot two blade instead of 3, Is it for better penatration? It seems to me that you would have a better chance of missing an artery.

Not realy. I know people that shot the 3 blade the third blade does not always open up all the way. Every deer I shot with the 2 blade always opens up.

arrow flinger

IMO the 2 blade flies more like a field tip and like state before I've had problems with the 3 blade deploying.

Larger cutting diameter, better arrow flight, better penetration (atleast on a board :grin:)

For me the larger the hole the better! There are a ton of good heads on the market and most of them perform well. I have had really good luck with Muzzys back in the day, then I switched to Grim Reapers and had good luck, and now I love the Rage. The recovery is faster and the blood trails are phenomenal. Granted.. I have been lucky to make good killing shots on all my deer except one and he bled the whole way and I eventually found him 11 hours later. Without the enormous hole, I truly feel the wound would have be clogged by gut and I would not have found him.

Quick story..... 4 years ago a buddy of mine from Michigan was out hunting with me. He arrowed his buck early in the morning with a 3 blade muzzy. A perfect quartering away shot and he drilled him through the lungs and top of the heart. There was a decent blood trail and we found the deer about 120 yards away. Later that evening I was lucky enough to kill a buck. I made the exact same shot as my friend did and the results were substantially different. My deer went 35 yard and poured blood the whole way. When we hung the 2 deer in my garage that evening the entrance and exit holes were exactly the same. Both shots were perfect and both deer were dead, but how they arrived there was much different. He was the biggest skeptic of expandables until that day. I used to be a skeptic as well, but the performance speaks for itself. Quicker kills and better bloodtrails made me a fan, regardless of the brand.

2 blades are more reliable. i like the rage but the meat seeker looks pretty cool. personally i shoot rage 2 blade or muzzy mx-3's

Thanks for the imput guys, I currently shoot the 3 blade rage and love them, I was just wondering others opinions on the 2 blade. Its always good to hear what other bow hunters think about different gear.

Top Bottom