Rain

To me the feeling of going home empty handed after a hunt is easier to swallow than the, "WHAT IF" scenarios that play through my head if I talk myself out of going. Was there a giant within range of my stand tonight while I was at home where it is warm and dry? You made the right choice and it paid off big! Congrats on a dandy foul weather buck!

To me the feeling of going home empty handed after a hunt is easier to swallow than the, "WHAT IF" scenarios that play through my head if I talk myself out of going. Was there a giant within range of my stand tonight while I was at home where it is warm and dry? You made the right choice and it paid off big! Congrats on a dandy foul weather buck!

Exactly. Had that happen at least once last year, and other times in past years. Last year I decided it was going to be too windy one day, so went to work thinking I'd take a day later in the week. Later day came, and decided again it would be too windy. Thought to myself both days after getting to work that I probably made a mistake. Got the buck I was after on trail cam on the second day I decided not to go that week. Consolation on that was I didn't really have a good set up right by that camera, but who knows if he walked by any of my stands in the nearby areas! Trying not to second guess myself this year.

Hunt when you have the time I guess. You never know about the weather.

Btw...nice buck! Congrats to the OP.

Still hunted in the rain all day yesterday. Spotted a 10 pointer and got to within 20 yards in the morning before he spotted me. Had a nice 8 in a downpour later in the day and he got to walk. My biggest bow kill was in miserable rain/sleet afternoon. Tough hunting in the rain but it can pay off.

Congrats on an awesome buck. Love the mass!!

Some of my best hunts have been in the rain. Especially a late October shower. Seems to get all the deer up and moving.

Back