Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Rain

MN Hunter

Anyone getting sick of all the rain? We've had over 10" in the past 3-4 weeks. Some areas have had extreme flooding. It's seems it rains every 3-4 days, severe thunderstorms with heavy down pours. The mosquitos are horrible. Sure is different from the past 4 years. It's like we get stuck in heavy moisture or no moisture patterns.

My area certainly didn't get what you have, we've gotten an absolute ideal amount of precip since brassicas were put down. I don't think I could have even done it better if I stood out there with a hose

We were actually getting a little dry in my area. We got soaked with about 2 inches throughout the day and night on Wednesday. But overall, this summer has been wet which sucks with regards to the mosquito population. I feel your pain though, flooding sucks. Mud everywhere makes it nearly impossible to do anything outside.

We haven't had quite that much, but yeah, it can shut off any time now. Time to quit mowing the lawn, but still at it every 6 or 7 days with this much precip.

NWBuck

We had just under 2" yesterday. I heard from a news outlet that Decorah has had over 14" in the past 3 weeks.

So tired of the rain. I live in Decorah and hunt the surrounding area. I have one property that I can only access by crossing the Yellow river. I have not been able to get in to it for over a month due to poor timing and tons of rain. If it keeps this up I don't know what Im gonna do

My area was getting dry earlier this summer but we finally started to get timely rains. We haven't had the big downpours like northern Iowa and Minnesota has had.

We just returned from vacation in California. The northern part look okay. Once we got to the Yosimite area I seen first had what a true drought looked like. The area is a giant tinder box waiting to explode. Burning bans posted, fire hazard warning extremely high and conserve water signs everywhere. We drove by several reservoirs that are hundreds of feet low to me they looked almost dried up.
In the Sierra Nevada forest range millions of pines and fir trees are dying from the Bark Beetles due to the extreme drought they are in which was a sickening sight.
I will agree that to much rain can be just as bad as no rain at all. The weather cycles seem to be getting more extreme the last several years.

Another 2" yesterday. I'm not sure how much we've had over night but I've heard reports that some areas have had over 9".

Waseca, MN had 14 inches of rain.

Maple Grove-twin city metro had 10 inches. The river is going to be super high

Yes, battling flooding at one of our Central Offices...more than likely going to lose the battle... going to be worse than the 2008 floods here in Northern Iowa they are now predictcing

Feast or famine, If I don't get something this weekend,my plots pretty much toasted. I know too much rain,,flooding worse for more than deer plots. Feel for ya! Has been a battle all Summer between the North of I-80 and the south. Most areas around the south though I think are in good shape now. Just my little acre around Ottumwa,,somehow missing out.

Here is my meteorology training kicking in. Why so much rain up north this Summer? All hinges on the position of the heat dome. This Summer has consistently kept most active weather from I-80 northward. At times it has let fronts also stall across Kansas City to St Louis area. They have also had bouts of flooding. Those of us in between have had various good and not so good coverage. Me,,right now,,not so good. Crossin fingers for this weekend. Is all there will be for awhile.

Over 8 inches yesterday and last night. Can't even get out to really do any timber work between mud and flood damage. They are predicting the Mississippi to hit 20' here.

At this rate there is going to be a lot of crops left in the fields.

Top Bottom