Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Rain

Still raining up north this AM. Though down to I-80. My outlook for much moisture at all this weekend now looks low. My plots toast too. For the opposite reason.

Loneranger I don't think you understand. I do know how important food plots are to us deer hunters. Time and time again for you the glass is less than half full. Myself and several others just got done sandbagging for the second day in a row. At @ 11 pm Thursday night in a nearby town a levy broke. Now a town that thought they were safe from the flood waters was now in immediate danger.
A house that we sandbagged Thursday morning that we thought was gonna be more than safe now has 4 1/2 ft of water on the main level.
If you have time when ur done praying for rain for your deer food plots, take a quick couple seconds to pray for the thousands in the cedar valley that unfortunately got too much rain in the last week and are now without a home to go home to.

Loneranger I don't think you understand. I do know how important food plots are to us deer hunters. Time and time again for you the glass is less than half full. Myself and several others just got done sandbagging for the second day in a row. At @ 11 pm Thursday night in a nearby town a levy broke. Now a town that thought they were safe from the flood waters was now in immediate danger.
A house that we sandbagged Thursday morning that we thought was gonna be more than safe now has 4 1/2 ft of water on the main level.
If you have time when ur done praying for rain for your deer food plots, take a quick couple seconds to pray for the thousands in the cedar valley that unfortunately got too much rain in the last week and are now without a home to go home to.

AMEN!!! Well put!

Two of my kids graduated from UNI. I always enjoyed our visits to the Cedar Valley when they attended college. My heart goes out to all that are affected by this disaster.

I well know all about too much water. My basement flooded 3 times where I lived in MI. Lost valuable things. Finally had to pay for basement water proofing, $4,000. Back in the 1990s. I understand the disaster. My little,,and I do mean little,,food plots amount to nothing. Aside from the disaster..my area down there is just a repeating chronically dry prone area. Lucky I have a place up north too. A little north of I-80. No hunting. Taking care of relatives up there. I keep records. Have rain gauges both places. In last 11 yrs out here in Iowa had one bad dry spell up there, July-Aug 2013. My SE hunt area,,same yrs had 5. Just facts. No big deal. Just interesting Summer patterns. There are still areas west of Ottumwa on the Drought Monitor Map, put out by the National Weather Service. Looks like little rain for the next two weeks down that area. D-Map will probably expand again? I too feel for Flood victims...

Cattle are all locked in high ground. Lots of crops are taking a beating right now and I fear there is going to be serious mold problem for the farmers. It was already present and this will not help. Had to help get stuff out of neighbors houses and get some pumps going. Hopefully all the waterfowl hunters play it smart tomorrow and don't risk their lives in the dark. The current at alot of usual spots is crazy right now. All it would take is one log, motor malfunction or a number of other circumstances and it could turn ugly fast.

Like I said, keep thinking about ur less than half empty glass! In the mean time I'm gonna feed breakfast to the extra 4 kids staying at my house til they can get back in there's.
Have a great wknd and good luck with getting some rain!

Last word,,,NOT negating a Crisis,,just an interesting fact..A flood and a Drought,,not far from each other. My food plots a hobby. Glad my place is on a hill. If I ever do see flooding. Off sbject

Good for you all! In Madison County. I can see it on the horizon.Glad it helped ya.. Will never make it over here, but good for you. I am not praying either. GOD has more important things to do...

Top Bottom