Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Realtore Guy

I was not the one who pulled the thread so can not answer why it was , I did just read the what was removed and would have to think it comes down to the posting rules stuck at the top of the forum. Personally I think there are more tactful ways to get your point across than picking out a guys name and throwing him back and forth.

Here are the posting rules:

PLEASE BE RESPECTFUL THIS IS A PUBLIC FORUM - do not post any material which is defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, hearsay, personal attacks, hateful, harassing, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise a violation of any law.

Discussions involving whitetail hunting and tactics strongly recommended

Thanks Limb and Central Iowa ... I pulled the thread. Outfitting and realtors has always been a hot topic on the site and we have steered clear of promoting either. The thread in question created concern for liability and I'm not sure I'm ready to see us use this sight in that manner.

Sent from my iPhone using IW

Thanks Limb and Central Iowa ... I pulled the thread. Outfitting and realtors has always been a hot topic on the site and we have steered clear of promoting either. The thread in question created concern for liability and I'm not sure I'm ready to see us use this sight in that manner.

Sent from my iPhone using IW

As admirable as it might be to steer clear of promoting either of those occupations, by disallowing negative publicity you are inadvertently showing support for them.
I seem to recall other posts where outfitters have received a stamp of approval from members when others asked for recommendations. This is no different. Someone asked for information and several of our members provided it.
If there is an issue of quality of service related to hunting, good or bad, there is no better place to discuss it than here. Or, at least it used to be.

Last edited:
Im glad it was pulled also! It seems that there are only a very few that feel like they have have to be nagative on this sight on every topic. When i started they were the ones that had to go! Its easy to click on a user name and see all the posts they have made. Im sure crybaby.com has a forum just for some of you!(no fingers being pointed)I would be up for being a moderator, most on here like the positive posts!

Im glad it was pulled also! It seems that there are only a very few that feel like they have have to be nagative on this sight on every topic. When i started they were the ones that had to go! Its easy to click on a user name and see all the posts they have made. Im sure crybaby.com has a forum just for some of you!(no fingers being pointed)I would be up for being a moderator, most on here like the positive posts!

Well said Joe. There are a few people on the main forum that have caused many long time contributors on IW stop participating.

Last I checked our tax dollars don't pay to run this site. :) The admins and owners of this site can do as they please. It is all going to be ok!

I don't care that it got pulled the point was made. I rarely post anything negative. But I am glad that some of that information got out to people who would never know till it was too late.

I find a lot of irony in pulling the thread. Here is a thread about a resident landowner, outfitter, businessman allegedly not doing the proper things per his neighbors in relation with QDMA, outfitting(a big sore spot here), and land ownership that possibly could affect new land buyers, be it R or NR, and neighbors and it goes away. We had a slew of pages dedicated to the NRLO's and their misgivings and it was cool. If liability is the worry, as stated, how do you know who the NRLO's are and who their affiliations are with? Double standard is an under statement.

No, I'll stay here and watch the show, be back next fall to hunt my Iowa farm, and watch the show again. Entertaining to say the least. At the end of the day all the crap here doesn't impact me one bit.

I find a lot of irony in pulling the thread. Here is a thread about a resident landowner, outfitter, businessman allegedly not doing the proper things per his neighbors in relation with QDMA, outfitting(a big sore spot here), and land ownership that possibly could affect new land buyers, be it R or NR, and neighbors and it goes away. We had a slew of pages dedicated to the NRLO's and their misgivings and it was cool. If liability is the worry, as stated, how do you know who the NRLO's are and who their affiliations are with? Double standard is an under statement.

I agree with the point that the thread was no different than many others. There were first hand accounts shared by both sides. Some had great experiences with the guy and others had terrible experiences with him. There was some information shared that would be extremely important to some guys that might be looking to buy a large tract of managed ground. I for one, would be very disgusted to have my realtor turn around and lease the ground next to the farm I just bought. Especially if there was any chance that it might be used as an outfitting business. Good information to consider and look into further.

But, this constant babble about NRLO's being picked on and "bashed" has gotten out of hand. In all honesty, I have not seen NRLO's "bashed" here. Just because some residents fight to protect access to a local resource, does not constitute "bashing". Not getting what you want, does not constitute "bashing". I have some good friends that are NRLO's and they are class acts. They too would love to get tags every year but they are wise enough to understand that it would be the end of a good thing. They don't whine all the time about it, they don't feel beat down because of it. They appreciate the fact that its what makes Iowa, Iowa. Take your pity party to your home states and fix your deer herd there so you can feel like you did something positive with your life rather than wasting so much time convincing yourself that you are oppressed here.

First, you have no clue who I am, what I do for a living, or what type of person I am; I think you would be pleasantly surprised. Secondly, I will return to my little piece of heaven in Iowa every year and enjoy what I paid for regardless of the opinions of folks like you. Lastly, as I stated in my previous post the threads, comments, detractors, etc. in relation with NRLO's do not affect me one bit. Listening to you, and some others, is pure entertainment and makes my winter more tolerable. Thanks again.

Last edited:
First, you have no clue who I am, what I do for a living, or what type of person I am; I think you would be pleasantly surprised. Secondly, I will return to my little piece of heaven in Iowa every year and enjoy what I paid for regardless of the opinions of folks like you. Lastly, as I stated in my previous post the threads, comments, detractors, etc. in relation with NRLO's do not affect me one bit. Listening to you, and some others, is pure entertainment and makes my winter more tolerable. Thanks again.

You still don't get it. My opinion is that you are entitled to come enjoy your ground. I hope you do and welcome you to it. I have zero problem with that. Just know that there are certain limitations and there is good reason for that and I hope that never changes. But for some of the NRLO's here to equate that with "bashing" is ridiculous. My response was not and is not directed at you unless you have been whining about being bashed for being a NRLO. Some have.

Top Bottom