Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Recurve Roll Call

Shovelbuck

Let's get this forum woke up! /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif
I know we've got quite a few recurve shooters on this site so let's here from you.
If you are shooting a recurve, what brand and weight? Pics if you have them please.

I'll start it off..........................I generally shoot longbows but when hunting with a curve, I use vintage Groves. Either 52 or 42 lbs.

100_2062.jpg

GrovesA-1.jpg

May be a dumb question Jay, but should we post longbow pics here too or save them for another thread? /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/blush.gif

I have a 60# Super Diablo, I'll post pics later. I also have an older Bear recurve, a recurve I made in school & a custom built long bow.

I have a Bear Grizzley 55lbs. I also have a static recuve self bow that is sinew backed, the stave was cut in 1948. i built iy myself.

I have two Damon Howatt recurves that i hunt with 65#@28" and 50@28"

recurve1.jpg

I also Have an old pearson that I used to hunt with but it now has a pretty good twist in the limbs, not sure how,

Lastly i have an AMF Little wing that my dad bought me when I was 4 yrs old it shoots 15# @ 24" and is in real good shape considering its age.

Oh and I also use the wrong hand as Shovel likes to say,So all my recurves are lefty's. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif

My poisonous bugs.....and yes that little longbow is PINK. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif You should see my little girl shoot that thing....

From the bottom up the 4 curves are Widows.....56" PTFII, 56" SAX, 60" MAIII, and a 60" SAIII

spiders.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: River Bttm Boy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">.....and yes that little longbow is PINK. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif You should see my little girl shoot that thing....
</div></div>

Sure...we believe you. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

Nice Widows. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif

Can I have one? Sheesh, don't be greedy, you only have two arms! /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif Great looking collection /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif

Jay that looks like 5 spiders to me,, Nice rack for sure.
I am an old recurve guy, I've been shooting them since the 60's.
Most of what I have are the Bear Magnesium TD's. I think I have three risers and 4 sets of limbs I can mix and match..
I did pick up a spider last summer, great shooting bow but heavier in the hand than I am use to.
I just made a deal for a Pittsley Predator with two sets of limbs.
If it feels as good and shoots like I hope, it will probably be my main hunter, although I am going to take part in the Trad Gang's 50th anniversary hunt,(Gotta use equipment made in 1959, the year Fred got crazy with hardwoods in his bows) using my '59 Bear Kodiak and some special arrows I made for my Little Delta Bow hunt.

Good Forum. I've got a couple of Wing Thunderbirds. 45# and 50 #. I've pretty much made up my mind that the Hoyt is going bye-bye and one of them is coming back off the shelf full time for 2009.

Jay-

Can I e-mail you the pics? I'm having trouble resizing them while keeping any detail. One of them isn't much to look at, but it's a good example of what was often done to bows of the era when people were thinking of them more as a tool than a thing of beauty. I like to get them on here, but it's above my level of computer know-how.

WOW! Now that's what I want! When I think "Wing Thunderbird" it's that black beauty on the left. The camo one is nice also but the black one is classic Bob Lee. He built great bows back then. Still does for that matter.
Thanks for the pics Brian!

2609_006.jpg

2609_009.jpg

2609_008.jpg

<span style="color: #3333FF">In fact, aside from the white phenolic on the riser and tips, his current "Dark Archer" looks almost as good!</span>

darkarcher_med.jpg

Wing made some sweet bows. There was a very nice write up in Traditional Bowhunter I believe last year or the year before about Wing archery. Lots of history there.....

Brian, you should see Rich's Browning Explorer I, made by Wing. It's a beauty. A 1972, it sat in a guys closet new in the box for about 30 years. Sent it to Rich, he dusted it off and killed a few deer with it.....

Let's bring this one to the top.:way:

Any new members here using traditional bows this year?
Or old members using a different bow? Let's see them !!!:way:
As long as my shoulder holds out I'll be using the "Black Bow" this season.

TheBlackBow.jpg

Top Bottom