Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Rep. Paul Ryan VP?

Status
  • Deleted by N/A
First, let me say thanks Josh for your contributions, especially for starting this discussion. It has been most enlightening.
I am a small business owner (alas, I am but a poor woodcutter) who has yet to see any reduction in taxes as a result of affordable healthcare; what I will see is an increase in costs as a result. I pay 100% of my employee's and their family healthcare costs. If an individual costs X, a couple costs 2X and a family costs 3X for insurance. I currently have 2 employees whose children have finished school and who would have been off my plan but now I will be carrying them for 4 more years at 3X versus 2X.
As a worker and a taxpayer I can't think of anything the Prez has done for me and I can assure you, I don't want him to do anything for me but leave me alone! By the way, my business was built by God's Blessings, the help of family and friends and my own blood (literally), sweat and tears. Conversely, the Government has been there all along with taxes and onerous regulations.

Alright Tony, since the question was asked if all those in the link you provided were real, I started doing a little research on them. I have found 3 of them to be completely false, the house voted in those things, Obama had nothing to do with them, and most of them I can't find a thing on it.

Now, I can post links and voting records on things that he HAS implemented and done in the 3 1/2 years he has been in office, and that alone has got to scare the crap out of people.

I don't understand how people are not completely afraid of the guy. I mean come on, look at fast and furious (which now since the house is putting pressure on them, here comes the blame on the Bush administration again), on how Obama forgot he had his microphone on while talking with the leader of Russia say that he has an election coming up, after he wins they can do some talks of deals. What deals do we need with Russia? The guy's theories and thoughts on how the government should control every aspect of what goes on in America is scary, and how he spends money is even scarier.

I don't care what political party you are from, turn off the news channels and do some hard research on the candidate you are going to vote for. I don't care if your going to vote for the current president, DO SOME RESEARCH ON HIM FIRST. If your comfortable on what is going on, then there is your answer.

I love how this garbage website about Obama poses his accomplishments, like ONE example (and we could do this with every example posted- which some of those are lies & bologne)....
Something like "Obama passed the affordable care act that allowed kids to remain on their parents insurance until 26" - can you believe the SPIN on that!?!? Let me explain.... That is ONE tiny, little thing in the stack of a 1400 page bill that's wildly unpopular. Even though I don't think a 26 year old is a kid anymore- that's one of the very few things that's popular about that law. Very few things are liked & overwhelmingly unpopular and it's now forecasted by CBO to be twice as expensive as Obama said, like 1.5 trillion dollars or so (that we don't have & will be borrowed). 1400 pages of a bill that the country didn't want & could very well destroy our healthcare system and help strangle us with debt. What does this website do???? Cherry picks this tiny portion of the bill & uses political craft to summarize & word it as a one issue thing - the tiny part of it that's popular. See what I mean?

problem is, almost everything these Obama-Bots have posted on this website could be dissected, shown to be lies OR give you an explanation that makes it clear these guys are a bunch of brain-washed hacks. Folks need to quit looking at Obama-Kool-aid website and look at the real facts of what this clown has done.

Ya, I will be voting for Obama by the way. HOPE & CHANGE, HOPE & CHANGE, RA RA RA, FORWARD OVER THE CLIFF!!!!! Pass the Kool-aid. :)

I love how this garbage website about Obama poses his accomplishments, like ONE example (and we could do this with every example posted- which some of those are lies & bologne)....
Something like "Obama passed the affordable care act that allowed kids to remain on their parents insurance until 26" - can you believe the SPIN on that!?!? Let me explain.... That is ONE tiny, little thing in the stack of a 1400 page bill that's wildly unpopular. Even though I don't think a 26 year old is a kid anymore- that's one of the very few things that's popular about that law. Very few things are liked & overwhelmingly unpopular and it's now forecasted by CBO to be twice as expensive as Obama said, like 1.5 trillion dollars or so (that we don't have & will be borrowed). 1400 pages of a bill that the country didn't want & could very well destroy our healthcare system and help strangle us with debt. What does this website do???? Cherry picks this tiny portion of the bill & uses political craft to summarize & word it as a one issue thing - the tiny part of it that's popular. See what I mean?

problem is, almost everything these Obama-Bots have posted on this website could be dissected, shown to be lies OR give you an explanation that makes it clear these guys are a bunch of brain-washed hacks. Folks need to quit looking at Obama-Kool-aid website and look at the real facts of what this clown has done.

Ya, I will be voting for Obama by the way. HOPE & CHANGE, HOPE & CHANGE, RA RA RA, FORWARD OVER THE CLIFF!!!!! Pass the Kool-aid. :)

Cmon Skip aren't you going to let Charlie live in your basement until he is 26? Let him have his own room, and you can pay for his insurance!:D

Cmon Skip aren't you going to let Charlie live in your basement until he is 26? Let him have his own room, and you can pay for his insurance!:D

All planned out.... Even though he's just now 17 MONTHS old @ 26 yrs we will have a room in the top of our garage for him ongoing. 26 on he can easily live on foodstamps, welfare checks, medicaid, subsidized transportation, we'll figure out some sort of disability (still getting really creative?!?!?!?! Maybe being white- he'll get a minority status by that time?), we can get some low income housing subsidy $ for him, tax credits, etc, etc. At 50 years old, when he might want a change from his garage living, he can move back in and get us on all the gov programs & make sure the gov takes care of us! I have my retirement planned out! :grin:

...Something like "Obama passed the affordable care act that allowed kids to remain on their parents insurance until 26" - can you believe the SPIN on that!?!? Let me explain.... That is ONE tiny, little thing in the stack of a 1400 page bill that's wildly unpopular. Even though I don't think a 26 year old is a kid anymore- that's one of the very few things that's popular about that law.

Here's a true story related to the component of Obamacare that allowed children to remain on their parents health insurance until age 26...

I am a business owner and I provide health insurance for my employees and I kid you not when I say that some appear to have no understanding of the real costs of this on a monthly basis. One of my employees has 2 sons that are/were 21 and 23 or something when the 26 year old feature came into being a couple of years ago.

The dad, my employee, saw this as an opportunity to take advantage of. He had his oldest kid drop health insurance where he worked full time and added him back to his plan...and then the kicker...he had his for the healthcare he was now receiving on the plan I was obligated to pay for courtesy of the Affordable Care Act.

In other words, dad saw nothing wrong with adding another member of his household, a son that was working elsewhere and had healthcare available to him, to the plan I was paying for and then charging the son for healthcare coverage and pocketing the money.

He actually was proud of himself and came into my office one day to tell me how great this was. Being the selfish, greedy business owner that I am, let's just say that I was not amused by this and did not share in his enthusiasm about this great thing that Obama did.

I will also say that he no longer works for me and this episode was one of the final straws that led to me dismissing him. When the government gets "involved" and makes laws that others, in this case me, have to pay for while the recipients wander around clueless while receiving largesse from the government I think it is time for a different leader.

• Deleted by N/A
Show…
I know the company I work for fines(I know they use different terms)you if your spouse works where they can get healthcare. Wouldn't the same be true for children?

-}}}---------->I

I don't know the policies for the place where the kid worked, but I would imagine they were fine with the fact that someone elected to drop healthcare coverage while working for them as it would save them money on premiums. Meanwhile, the cost was essentially shifted to my company because of this new rule and the subsequent manipulation of it by the person that was working for me.

• Deleted by N/A
Show…
Status
  • Deleted by N/A
Top Bottom