Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Report your classic experience here

Bought and IW hoodie, a Muddy ProHunter Steel, and some literature. Got to meet a couple guys, which is always nice. Talked to the owner of Grey Wolf as well, seems to be a good product. Can someone twist my arm into buying some???

I was there for about 5 hours on Saturday. Bought some IW apparel and had fun turning heads with a friends bow kill from this fall. Was it just me, or, did anyone else notice a big shortage of food at the Classic?

030709_1444_00_.jpg

muahahahaha...

It was good to see ya again Thomas /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif

I was there all of Friday night. Picked up some new IW gear, and a treehopper lineman's belt. Also met a lot of IW guys. It's great to finally put a face with the name. Outreach Outdoors, you guys rock! It was a pleasure talking to you guys and I love what you're doing. I wish I could have stuck around a little longer at dinner afterwards, but I had a few too many and figured I had better get home. Overall, probably the best classic yet.

The IWT guys were great as always. Met some I havn't met before and that's always nice. A bunch, I mean a BUNCH of big deer this year. More this year that ever. At least that's what I thought.

We went on Sat. This was my third time, and it seemed to be the busiest. Meet quite a few folks from this site there. Stopped by the IW booth and chatted some. Bought an Outreach DVD and chatted w/Jordan. The amount of quality animals was mind blowing! I was on the fence about going and I am glad we did. Might be my last time in the area.

There has NEVER been or EVER will be again such a gathering of HUGE deer harvested in one year again anywhere. Unbelievable!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I went down there on saturday, had a great time. got to see the Simmons buck which was awesome. I bought some IW apparel. It was a little packed on saturday,but better then last year. I talked to T Bone for a little bit. There were some good seminars, espicially the one with rod white mega bucks on a small tract. went down there on sunday for a little bit. I got some great ideas for a food plot seed. Over all I had a great time down there this weekend.

hoofline.gif

For those of you who attended the 2009 Iowa Deer Classic I have posted a new poll.

Please vote the poll if you went to the classic, I think it may be interesting to see just how much this event cost those in attendance. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

hoofline.gif

398ibalogo_1_.gif

PM
Ron Wyllie
Southwest Iowa IBA Area Representative
[email protected]

awesome show! purchases, a "can't fire release". dvd from campfire, and outreach, tshirt and hoodie from IW, turkey jerky.

Pretty good time and got out of there only spending $15! (That doesn't account for the $600 I spent on a new bow an hour after I left!!!)

I had intentions of only purchasing an IW long sleeve, hoodie, and renewing the PMA...broke that self-promise and got an OO shirt and Midwest Whitetail long sleeve as well. It was great talking to everyone, some great people there and great deer as well! I was running way past empty on Sunday night and still haven't quite recovered fully...lack of sleep and too much story telling! /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: teeroy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">awesome show! purchases, a "can't fire release". dvd from campfire, and outreach, tshirt and hoodie from IW, turkey jerky. </div></div>

What good is a release if you can't fire it!! HA!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I was running way past empty on Sunday night and still haven't quite recovered fully...lack of sleep and too much story telling! </div></div>

That makes two of us... /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

Great show and lots of great bucks. I took in the auction at 2pm and in my opinion I was stunned how cheap everything sold. I was also expecting a lot more people. I got talking to some people there and they had the same opinion on the price of everything. Definately thought Larry Zach painting he donated would sell for at least $1500; brought $750. Governors tag sold for $2500 (no idea if that is a good buy or not). A set of 200 inch sheds found in Decatur Co mounted on a deer brought $500. I have always heard that big of sheds will get at least four figures?? A big thanks should go out to all of the sponsors for the donations and my guess is there will be a lot bigger turn-out next year. I guess if not, more things to bid on. Again, fabulous show.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hunt iowa</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just returned from the classic.

In terms of antlers, There will NEVER EVER be a display of huge whitetails like this again.

1. 275 5/8 Simmons
2. 274 Des Moines found dead
3. 264 Chris Wood
4. 238 Fairfield lady

The state has NEVER had 270s and 260 before and it is only Friday night.

</div></div>

Anyone have pics of 2 and 4 above?

I took no photos and apologize for a couple slight errors on the numbers. #2 Should read 272 3/8. Was on the floor in a booth after scoring and I doubt it was in the contest.

#4 number should be 232 3/8. In my opinion, it was the "Best of show" A real giant. Shot by the lady.

There were also:244 2/8 and 242 0/8 GIANTS in attendance. plus the 5x5 194 3/8.

Here's the dead buck find. 283 4/8". It had a broken droptine that would have put it at the 290 mark. The prior years sheds are laying next to it.

Pic0252.JPG

Pic023.JPG

A guy was trying to tell me that was the world record. I just said ok. If it is a world record what the title for? Is it the best for its sheds, found dead or what? I would crap right in my pants if i stumbled on to something like that.

Top Bottom