Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Sad outcome.

That's a horrible situation, but as it reads it says she was pre paring to hunt? That is a pretty broad statement.

But statically, more bow hunters are injured every year than shotgun hunters. Party hunting isn't my first choice for hunting, but I hate to tell people that enjoy it that they can no longer do it.

What a horrible accident. Thoughts and prayers go out to the family. I believe this occurred during muzzleloader season and they were not actually hunting. Group hunting will be here to stay for the rest of our lives.

Terrible deal all around.

Does anyone know the details of what exactly happened? No attempt to be morbid, just wondering in case there is something that the rest of us can learn from.

May God be with the family and friends in their time of need. Any loss is devastating but the loss of a child can be one that leaves an exceptional amount of scars and pain. Please keep them in your thoughts and prayers.

I don't care how you feel about deer drives or party hunts! This story has nothing to do with driving or party hunting deer. Also, I feel like it's in poor taste to bring it up, especially when you're completely wrong!

May God be with the family and friends in their time of need. Any loss is devastating but the loss of a child can be one that leaves an exceptional amount of scars and pain. Please keep them in your thoughts and prayers.
very well said.

Very sad, but how did it discharge?? Without a cap?? Or a gun handling accident after a cap was put in?

Iowabuckslayer2013 needs kicked in the balls if he has any sits behind his computer and posts this BS how about show some respect for the poor little girls family what bull shit
Sorry for their loss

I was in Traer for a family event this past weekend. My best friend has land RIGHT next to where this happened. I took all my ML gear and thought about hunting Saturday morning, but thought I should spend time with family instead. Otherwise, I'd have been right there. :confused:

More info:
TRAER | The North Tama School District is planning a time today to grieve and comfort the family, friends and schoolmates of a young girl killed in a hunting accident.
Friends and others who knew Liesel Casto, 12, of Traer, will gather from 4 to 5:30 p.m. in the junior high commons area.
Nt BASIC, a religious organization in the community, will offer a spaghetti meal from 5 to 7 p.m. in the Memorial Building, 414 Second St. Donations will be accepted to help the Casto family with expenses.
The fatal incident happened Saturday morning, according to the Tama County Sheriff’s Office. Three family members were preparing muzzleloaders to hunt deer. Casto’s rifle discharged as she was loading the muzzleloader, according to the sheriff’s office.
The Tama County Sheriff’s Office and Traer ambulance service responded about 7:45 a.m. Saturday.
Casto’s parents are Joshua and Joie Casto. Joshua owns and operates Casto Armory, a gun and gunsmith shop at 539 Second St. According to the business’ website, the company specializes in muzzleloaders and reproductions.
Liesel Casto was active in shooting sports and the Tama County Young Guns 4-H Club. Her father serves the organization as a shooting coach.
http://wcfcourier.com/news/local/co...cle_723d3b68-2b07-5dbf-84e5-18d6cef9444a.html

Using a sad situation to push an agenda against anyway way of hunting is just as bad as anti hunting and gun groups to push thoughtless laws onto groups of people. Accidents will always happen in everything we do. But when you use someone else's grief for you own purpose that's low.

X 3. Can't imagine what they are going through. Prayers sent.

Top Bottom