Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Saskatchewan Whitetail Hunt

bpbowhunter

Has anyone ever been on, or know someone that has went on a whitetail deer hunt in Saskatchewan? A friend of mine and I are planning a trip, hopefully for this coming season, worst case the season after. We will be booking with an outfitter to increase our chances of a successful hunt. I would greatly appreciate any feedback, positive or negative, from the place you booked your hunt.

Been there twice and hunted the Thunder Hills area. Came back disappointed twice. Went to Illinois after that and seen 20 times as many deer and much bigger deer. Guess it depends where you go and who you hunt with, do a lot of research. 6 - 12 hour days in a tree stand in bone chilling temps takes a lot of mental preparation, especially if you only see a couple deer all day.

Been there twice and hunted the Thunder Hills area. Came back disappointed twice. Went to Illinois after that and seen 20 times as many deer and much bigger deer. Guess it depends where you go and who you hunt with, do a lot of research. 6 - 12 hour days in a tree stand in bone chilling temps takes a lot of mental preparation, especially if you only see a couple deer all day.

This is kind of humorous considering your posted location...

I was there 3 times. It's freakin awesome up there. I scored all three times I went. I was north of Battleford , up in Keeley lake.

Congrats on the Keeley Lake bucks and thanks for the feedback. I'm sure you probably know this, but you and your buck are on the header of their website! Pretty sweet stuff!

Congrats on the Keeley Lake bucks and thanks for the feedback. I'm sure you probably know this, but you and your buck are on the header of their website! Pretty sweet stuff!

I didn't know about the website, so I took a peek. Yup, that's me! That was a nice buck.

Wow, Spysar, You get out! Not to mention.. You know how to freaken Hunt! Been impressed by your past threads.

Bp, Havent been to Canada but It's definitely on my to do list. I hope your able to go.

Wow, Spysar, You get out! Not to mention.. You know how to freaken Hunt! Been impressed by your past threads.

Bp, Havent been to Canada but It's definitely on my to do list. I hope your able to go.

Wow, thanks a lot. I'm hoping to get my Iowa tag this year. Trying for zone 5 with three points going in. Got my fingers crossed.

And I just found out my hunting partner got drawn for moose in Maine! And I'm his sub-permitee, so I get to participate in the hunt.

It's shaping up to be a good year!

Wow, thanks a lot. I'm hoping to get my Iowa tag this year. Trying for zone 5 with three points going in. Got my fingers crossed.

And I just found out my hunting partner got drawn for moose in Maine! And I'm his sub-permitee, so I get to participate in the hunt.

It's shaping up to be a good year!

You plan on hunting public or Private? I tried to PM you, but I was unable to do so. I think because you do not have avatar to click on to access your profile.

I wonder why my PMs don't work?

I plan on hunting public and private. I'm not using an outfitter...

What on earth is the deal with no Sunday hunting? Residents working Monday thru Friday, 1 day of hunting, ouch. Why on on earth do they do that?

You can hunt Sundays here. Spysar, I spent my weekend at my family cabin at Keeley Lake, absolutely hammering fish again.

You can hunt Sundays here. Spysar, I spent my weekend at my family cabin at Keeley Lake, absolutely hammering fish again.

The guy that owned the lodge at Keeley, had a smaller lake around the corner that had these really awesome looking splake. After we tagged out I would go down there, saw a hole in the ice, and jig splake using a piece of deer meat on a jig! Never got to fish in Keeley, but those pike look fun. (and huge) I loved hunting up there...very fond memories.

Fern Lake. Big rainbows and splake, hit it each fall.

The guys at the lodge at Keeley have nothing to do with Fern but would be fun to not use it for guys tagged out.

It said on Keely lake's website there's no Sunday hunting and I know I've read that before elsewhere. Maybe for NR's that go to the upper part of SK? Or did they do away with it?

Either it hasn't been updated in years or they just use it as a hunter change over day. It is legal on Sunday everywhere in the province.

Saskatchewan info

If you want a great hunt and great results with super guys then go to Jim Lake Outfitters. I have no financial interest in this, I have hunted with them and I can tell you flat out I believe they are the best in the business. Almost all, if not all, they're hunters are repeat clients. You may not be able to even get in but I would certainly try. They hunt the area where the farmland meets the boreal forest, You will see Deer, Moose, Elk and wolves! Again, I have no interest in this
I just honestly believe they are the best in the business. I believe they're hunts run around $3500.00 Not cheap, but nothing worthwhile ever is

Top Bottom