Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Scent-lok Vertigo?

EVIL X

PMA Member
I am in the market for some new camo this season, and was wondering if anyone had purchased the new Scentlok vertigo?

If not, what are your oppinions on the camo pattern and is it a good pattern for around here in iowa?

I personally like the camo pattern, not sure if the deer do or not.

I don't believe in the "carbon clothing hides your scent" claim, so I won't spend my money on it. IMO, carbon clothing might absorb some of your scent until the carbon becomes saturated, at which point it's functionality is compromised. JMO, buy it if you like it.

I agree that the pattern is probably a good one but I wouldn't waste my money on the scent lok.

I really like the pattern as well and wish it was offered in a non scent-lok version. But when yuo really think about it the scent-lok isnt really any more expensive than other good quality camo.

I agree with the others....the pattern seems like a great concept. I put my hands on some of the stuff last night at Scheels and man it is expensive. For that much money the Under Armour & Sitka clothing seems much more quality made IMO. I don't buy into the ScentLok either.

Do you think this pattern or something similar will be the next move for many companies? I assume Scentlok brand has a lock on this exact pattern but surely a few changes and someone could produce a very similar product.

That is the main reason i asked, was because of the pattern, but as of now I haven't seen that same pattern offered in anyother clothing line. but who knows, it is a mix with mossy oak of some sort.Sheels is where I had seen it was well, and they had a price tag on the jacket at $169 the pants at $159 and the matching hood at $39.

That is alot of dough no matter how you look at it, if its quality clothing, and a good camo pattern to boot, I might give it a shot. I never have owned anything scentlok brand.

Are they quality made?

I thought about giving this a try. I haven't had the chance to put my hands on the garments and was concerned with warmth. Didn't want scent-lok either. I ordered some more predator. I like their Warp Knit Insulated stuff.

I have had the buckskin scent-lok clothing for 2 years now. It wasn't that expensive and the clothing has held up great. It doesnt get any burrs, it is thin enough for early season and I can just add layers underneath to make it into the post-rut. Who knows if the scent-lok works, I have been smelled right after I've washed them before.

I really like the pattern but most of the time the leaves are still on the trees where I sit. If it was really late winter I'd use it.

If you watch the vertigo commercials they dont show anyone in a GREEN tree with it on.

I think it would be an excellent camo pattern for after the leaves come down. If a guy could be a cheap suit of that and a cheap leafy wear suit you would be in heaven I think.

I had this one stand once that was situated up about 3/4 up a hill overlooking a valley. Every night the deer would come out from across from me, work their way down into this valley, and then they would turn and come up directly by me at 20-30 yards. The tree was a bean pole about thigh thick and split in two trunks about Arm thick about 22ft up. That is where my stand was.It was the only tree within a mile. Every night 40-50 deer would come out and I would get picked off every night.

One day when looking up at the stand from their point of view all I seen was white sky in the late cloudy season and realized I had to look like a fool in that tree. I then decided to try a snow camo coat up in the tree even though there wasn't an ounce of snow on the ground. I wore my regular camo bottoms to match the truck and where I would stand was right in the middle of the crotch. Suprisingly it solved my problems of being spotted.

I guess what I am getting at is I think it would great in certain areas. I don't like scentlok so I probably will never buy it.

It looks like an open pattern, but IMO, it is tough to beat Predator. I have drawn a bow on turkeys while in a treestand with predator on, and if you can fool a turkeys eyes, that is some good camo. ASAT and Predator are my camo choices. Oh, and the Scentlok, snakeoil.:p

Look at that picture - you are trying to tell us that "Mossyoak Treestand" is an open pattern? You are kidding me right?

If you're wanting to good open pattern, just go with "mossy oak tree stand"
I use mine for hunting all the late season's, and it blends in very nicely.
Many different manufacture's use it, so you have a wide range of quality and price options.

main_image1_ie6.jpg

Mossy Oak defineatly has a larger marketing and advertising budget, just like Realtree. That doesn't mean they have the best camo! In this case, I assure you they do not!

I checked out the Predator, they have a nice pattern as well, and a heck of alot cheaper then the Vertigo setup.

Is the quality of there clothing up for a few years of heavy hunting?

I love Predator Camo, but if the clothing on their web page is the same that is sold through cabelas, then it fades very badly after only a few wash cycles.

Top Bottom