Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Score thoughts

flugge

This deer is a tough one for me to judge because he is narrow but tall. I have a shed off him from last year that went 61 inches as a basic 4 pt (broke off his inside kicker last year) So now we are debating with a few guys. Some say hes only a 135-140.. some say 150... and even heard a 160... so for my own fun, I want to know what everyone else thinks..
picture.php

picture.php

I have one on the wall similar to that. Mine went 136.5". I would say that would go 145-155". It has a couple more points and maybe a little bit more mass than mine.

- ***edit*** more I look at this deer and his left side-- i would have to say 140's not the 150 mark

Last edited:
I just ran some guestimates and had low 130's, then looked again and bumped some lengths up and got low 150's, so I'm gonna go low 140s. but as I have claimed before...no expert here.

Do you have pictures of him from last year? That would help, especially with knowing what the shed scored. I ran some quick numbers and am coming up with mid to upper 130's. I am USUALLY on the low side when I guess scores, so 140-145 wouldn't surprise me.

He won't hit 150's. Being that narrow he loses 5 inches on spread and I'd also bet his beams are not over 22 long. He looks bigger than he will score.

I only have video of him from last year as this was a new farm not on my radar, and pictures of the shed I can post later as they are on my other computer. His beam last year was 25 inches, it really has a "wrap" to it

I only have video of him from last year as this was a new farm not on my radar, and pictures of the shed I can post later as they are on my other computer. His beam last year was 25 inches, it really has a "wrap" to it

If he's got 25 beams he's over 150 for sure.

See, I am not all that great at scoring deer, because I put him as a mid 140's type deer. His left side is something that I think you would see on a 125ish inch deer than you have the stronger, and bigger right side which makes it harder to score.

Trust me guys, I am no expert at all.. Just always intrigues me to get opinions from everyone... helps build my knowledge.. we are hoping to get a crack at this deer, and have TONS of daytime photos this year of him. Just need to get in the tree. Only 4 days hunted so far between two of us after him.. Hopefully we will put him down and then I can let everyone know the actual score

Trust me guys, I am no expert at all.. Just always intrigues me to get opinions from everyone... helps build my knowledge.. we are hoping to get a crack at this deer, and have TONS of daytime photos this year of him. Just need to get in the tree. Only 4 days hunted so far between two of us after him.. Hopefully we will put him down and then I can let everyone know the actual score

Right there with you, good luck! Also, I always try and score on the more conservative side (not that it really matters in the grand scheme of things either).

My favorite type of rack right there...had one similar on camera last year I nicknamed TNT for Tall N Tight. Good luck with him.

NWBuck

Do you have pictures of him from last year? That would help, especially with knowing what the shed scored. I ran some quick numbers and am coming up with mid to upper 130's. I am USUALLY on the low side when I guess scores, so 140-145 wouldn't surprise me.

I'm usually conservative as well, cuz when I'm not I get a lot of high scoring deer on camera!

He won't hit 150's. Being that narrow he loses 5 inches on spread and I'd also bet his beams are not over 22 long. He looks bigger than he will score.

I was using around 20" for the beams and about 15" spread, so adding 5" to each of the beams on my low 140's could put him low 150's. Always good to have a shed and pics from the past year(s), especially if you can compare the distance from the camera and factor that in as well.

Top Bottom