Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Shame on Costas

It's been proven over and over again, if you want somebody dead or want to kill yourself bad enough, you will find a way to get it done.

I'm sure that some will say I take it to the extreme but my TV stations rarely if ever land on NBC. I choose not to watch the programming they put out.

I’ve never been a fan of Mr. Costas, I guess he has his opinion I just wish they wouldn’t use that type of platform (NFL Football) to spew his beliefs

Yea...I almost started a thread about this last night but just decided not to. I had enough satisfaction from other people on the book upset about it as well. I understand people have their own opinions about the gun regs and whatever but to use your time on national TV to bring it up like he did wasn't right. Wouldn't be surprised if he lost his job over this...what a dummy

Yea...I almost started a thread about this last night but just decided not to. I had enough satisfaction from other people on the book upset about it as well. I understand people have their own opinions about the gun regs and whatever but to use your time on national TV to bring it up like he did wasn't right. Wouldn't be surprised if he lost his job over this...what a dummy

Come on brother, its NBC, no way he will lose his job, This is what NBC is all about

I missed that one. That's ridiculous! I've always enjoyed Costas' commentary, he's good at what he does. But this just put him on my ever growing list of morons.

I always have liked his sports commentary but since he got to do the Sandusky interview he's been trying to act like a real reporter. Stick to sports!

Come on brother, its NBC, no way he will lose his job, This is what NBC is all about
He will never lose his job over this comment. It is a pretty well published fact that the NFL is very anti firearm. Obviously it has a bone to pick after Plax's gun went off on its own in that night club and he was hit in the leg. Probably also didn't help that OJ shot Nicole with that knife... Oh wait there are other ways for people to get killed than by firearms.

Moose your my boy and you know that but Ray Lewis is innocent. Also a gun was as guilty in the incident as a car was in a dui, and fork in a heart attack and a helmet in a concussion. Lets get real people(Costas). Time to take responsibility for our actions.

One more thing...of the few that voted for Obama on this site, they have to claim that guy as one of their own. Obama loves guys like Costas. Freakin' sad.

One more thing...of the few that voted for Obama on this site, they have to claim that guy as one of their own. Obama loves guys like Costas. Freakin' sad.

Nope, I will not claim that guy as one of "my own"!!
Thanks but I'll be the judge of who I give that title to!:thrwrck:

And FYI here's an email I sent to Mr. Whitlock this morning...

10:05 AM (8 hours ago)
cleardot.gif

cleardot.gif

cleardot.gif

to ballstate0
cleardot.gif

Mister Whitlock,

I just finished reading your piece about the tragedy in Kansas City. I agree with you on a lot of your points particularly the ones concerning how football in general is viewed. But I couldn't disagree with you more on current gun laws. I believe in my heart of hearts that stricter gun control will not solve these issues plaguing society today. Creating more and more gun laws is tantamount to cutting off your nose to cure your cold. It might alleviate your immediate symptoms but will it solve the problem? I believe gun control to be the easy way of trying to fix a much greater problem that we face as whole.
Better questions to ask, rather than how did he get a gun, might be "what made him think this was the only solution he had and how do we change that?", or "how come he didn't know there was help available and it is OK to ask for that help?
These are much more difficult to provide a viable answers for. I know that people want to help and feel as if their making a contribution to making the world a safer place. Some of the questions I've posed don't offer the instant gratification that passing a law or the such can sometimes provide. But even if we pass more laws, the real problems aren't going to go away with fewer guns.
I understand that gun violence is a problem. So is spousal abuse (physical and verbal) and child molestation. These crimes too are against the individual, against humanity and society in general yet they don't recieve the national coverage that a shooting might. It's in situations like these that the desperation and anger and feelings of powerlesness give rise to the idea to pick up a gun. If we can overcome those issues, gun violence will become less of a problem.
Please sir, I ask you to reconsider your approach solving the issues of gun violence. The issues are complex and extremely difficult, I know. But unless we can solve the reasons these things occur, gun violence will never end. Regardless of how illegal or difficult it is get a gun. Look at drugs...

Thank you,

Last edited:
Top Bottom