Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

shotguns

This will be my next Turkey gun, being left handed I love how Mossberg has the universal safety on top of the receiver. I want the newer model with the pistol grip. Mossberg gets a bad rap because people view them as cheap, but they make no frill guns that perform very nicely cosmetics aside.

That is actually hard logic to argue! I've had a few Mossbergs and I have only kept my original 500 .410 that my dad got me back in 6th grade. If I had actually hunted with a Mossberg more than my 1100, I'd probably be a die-hard Mossberg guy. The top safety and pump action have always been difficult for me, mostly shooting an 1100. You certainly can't go wrong with a Mossberg...unless you are me!

I do own a stoeger p350 pump and love the gun. I've put probably 2000 rounds thur it! If I had to get another pump it would be the p350 over the 870 and the benelli nova any day hands down. But It's time to get a semi-auto. I competition skeet and trap shoot. I need a gun that can go to shooting ducks in pouring down rain that morning to shooting skeet that afternoon.

I need a gun that can go to shooting ducks in pouring down rain that morning to shooting skeet that afternoon.

I used to shoot skeet competitively back home with my 11-87. I have over 10K rounds through it between skeet and waterfowl hunting. With the exception of replacing a O ring, it has never needed anything. Great guns. The 1100 skeet model is a fantastic gun as well. :way:

I'm going to a gun show this weekend to try to find a 11-87 synthetic camo stock. Unless by the grace of God I find a benelli that I can afford.

Here's mine JM. I have a affinity for black guns :grin:

picture.php

I went through this a few months ago, almost bought a Stoeger but ended up with the Super Black Eagle 2. No offense to the Stoegers, they felt like great guns, but I'm extremely happy with my SBE2 in all regards. Twice the price though. Good luck.

JM,

I had a Stoeger 2000 for 5 years before selling it. Never malfunctioned once on me. Sweet shooting gun with an easy recoil. I would highly recommend it.

I still regret selling that gun. For the money I think you would be hard pressed to find a better semi-auto.

I am currently shooting an 1187 which is the gun I bought after selling the stoeger. Similar gun if you ask me but the recoil felt a little lighter on the stoeger.

Anyway I don't think you will ever be dissapointed if you but the 2000.

I need an all weather gun. I carry my shotgun in all kind of crap (mud,creeks,fields). I don't want to spend a crap load of money on a gun that I'm going to worry about it getting beat up every time I take it out of the case. I've heard way more good things about the 11-87 and the 1100 then any of the other guns in my price range.

If you're planning to beat it up then get a pump, especially if you don't want to spend a crap load of money. They require way less attention when it comes to cleaning and maintenance in my experience.

I'm not saying I'm going to beat it up. I take good care of my guns and keep them clean. I just need a gun that can stand up to mother nature. Just a good semi-auto that's within $600. I don't need a fancy gun I need a work horse.

Muddy I have a stoeger p350 pump and love it. It's just time for a semi-auto. I deer,duck ,dove,rabbit,turkey,crow,squirrel,racoon,possum,armerdillo and, shoot competition skeet and trap shoot! I NEED A SEMI!

Last edited:
I know this isint what you'r looking for but I got a browning 16 gauge but for a 12 gauge my dad has a Browning Belgium A5 12ga. Very cool guns, only downer is im not sure how, or if you can even mount a scope if you wanted one on.

If I only had $1500! :s

I wanted one bad. I ended up selling off about $1000 worth of stuff I decided I didn't need and saving for about a year before I started shopping. I just got sick of settling for something I liked rather than loved. I almost bought a Stoeger though.

When the Stoeger 2000 first came out pretty much everyone that bought one returned it. Reason for this is because it would only cycle one shell then jam. I bought one and returned it because of this reason (wish I hadn't)! My dad bought one a month later and had the same problem. A friend of ours bought one earlier than my dad and had the same problem however he found out that they came that way. Stoeger had shims or washers in them to prevent them from cycling more than one round incase they were stolen. (To me not the brightest thing but I understand why) My dad took his back to the store and the gunsmith there switched them around so it would cycle right. My dad has over 15 guns semi's and pumps. He has also had the Remington 11-87, Mossberg, Browning, and Winchester all in semi and pump. My dad buys and sells guns every year he is almost a gun dealer if you ask me. :) All the guns work however hands down the Stoeger 2000 has shot better and with out any problems comparied to the others. My dad doesn't hardly clean his guns and he duck hunts 5 to 7 days a week. The stoeger has had well over 1500 rounds ran threw it and it still shoots to this day.

Keep it clean, take care of it, and it will last you a life time. I would HIGHLY recommend the Stoeger! Good luck with what ever you get!

I want one of these in a 20ga. Mainly because they look COCKY as he!!. :D I've never shot one but handled one a few weeks ago and WOW. Very nice.

Super-X3-Cantilever-Deer-MID-511062-l.jpg

Ya I like them better in camo cause it protects it better and hides any scratches.

Save yourself some money, get a black synthetic gun. Paint it yourself. If you scratch it, you can always touch it up and it will still look decent. I bought myself this super nova because I knew it was going to be an all around gun for duck hunting, where it's been used as a boat paddle, push pole, etc... in a pinch. "She aint the purdiest girl on the dance floor, but the dance floor isn't where it counts."

My "black" gun...

4758-2011-09-13_19-21-40_875.jpg

Good luck on your choice! I've been there. FWIW, in my opinion, if the most you can afford is $600, I'd look into a quality pump action or save your money for a quality semi-auto.

Top Bottom