Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Simmons Buck?

Well to those of you that havent seen it. There is a pic on the boone and crocket site under trophy watch.,

Im with everyone else WOW

Dean

<span style='font-family: Comic Sans MS'><span style='font-size: 11pt'>I can't wait to hear the story </span></span>

Hope all this crazyness doesn't take the fun out of it for the kid!!! Congrats to him on winning the big buck lottery!

just saw a pic at boone and crockett and that is a hog. congrats to the hunter on a tremendous buck and hope everything goes well.

go to gallery then go to 1 day (top right) click on the first pic then click the more arrow on the right its 8 clicks then BOOM MASSIVE DEER /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

Well I'm hoping and assuming that an organization the likes of B&C would have gained permission to post the pic on their site so it's kind of nice to see some of the lip biting tension removed from the whole deal. Gotta wonder though if he'd have waited longer were it not for it hitting the net so early. At first, I thought it was paranoid behavior but in being honest with myself, I think I'd behave similarly - including the plan of getting a CO out there to verify the scene of the hunt while the blood was still on the ground. Not that I'll ever have to worry about it. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

They didn't get permission to post the picture. Read it. Thy don't even know the guys name. They don't know most of the info on half of the pictures posted there. Sad but true.

I would like to add...... I wouldn't be so paranoid about someone stealing this guys trophy. Is it possible? Yes. Some people are losing focus on what counts here. We would all like a shot at something like that. It is the pinnacle. Let him celebrate and enjoy without filling him full of fear.

One more thing. For those who don't like the fact that there are new people posting here that will never pay to be on the private forum....kiss my A$$. Who gives a crap about your private forum. There are a TON of forums on the net that are free. Are the members of this one so superior that we must pay for the priviledge to chat online with them? Are these people the Gods of the whitetail world? Why the hell should anyone give money to a website with one of the slowest servers of any forum I have visited? I enjoy reading the posts on this site as much as any other but theres no reason for you people to be giving money to a website that is already raking in the dollars from all the sponsor ads on here. Think about it. I know someone who wanted to post on this website that their hunting video was available and their new website was up. Guess what happened. This site removed the post and said they would allow it if they were paid $200. You guys are getting ripped off. To the website owner... use the money your farming here to get a faster server.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lila's Dad</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

One more thing. For those who don't like the fact that there are new people posting here that will never pay to be on the private forum....kiss my A$$. Who gives a crap about your private forum. There are a TON of forums on the net that are free. Are the members of this one so superior that we must pay for the priviledge to chat online with them? Are these people the Gods of the whitetail world? Why the hell should anyone give money to a website with one of the slowest servers of any forum I have visited? I enjoy reading the posts on this site as much as any other but theres no reason for you people to be giving money to a website that is already raking in the dollars from all the sponsor ads on here. Think about it. I know someone who wanted to post on this website that their hunting video was available and their new website was up. Guess what happened. This site removed the post and said they would allow it if they were paid $200. You guys are getting ripped off. To the website owner... use the money your farming here to get a faster server. </div></div>

Wow, where's all this coming from? I'm pretty sure that nobody on here cares if people don't join the PMA and just browse the other hunting forums. Its their loss. PMA membership is pretty cheap and its worth it to see all the big bucks and hear all the great stories that get posted in there. I just figure I'll have a couple less beers over the course of the year and that'll cover my PMA costs!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tlambert</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Its their loss. PMA membership is pretty cheap and its worth it to see all the big bucks and hear all the great stories that get posted in there. I just figure I'll have a couple less beers over the course of the year and that'll cover my PMA costs! </div></div>

Ditto! /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif

Well put. Memeberships here only run the cost of about 4 magazines down at the local store. I get more out of this site than I would get out of 1,000 magazines. Hunting magazines that is.
woot.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tlambert</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lila's Dad</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

One more thing. For those who don't like the fact that there are new people posting here that will never pay to be on the private forum....kiss my A$$. Who gives a crap about your private forum. There are a TON of forums on the net that are free. Are the members of this one so superior that we must pay for the priviledge to chat online with them? Are these people the Gods of the whitetail world? Why the hell should anyone give money to a website with one of the slowest servers of any forum I have visited? I enjoy reading the posts on this site as much as any other but theres no reason for you people to be giving money to a website that is already raking in the dollars from all the sponsor ads on here. Think about it. I know someone who wanted to post on this website that their hunting video was available and their new website was up. Guess what happened. This site removed the post and said they would allow it if they were paid $200. You guys are getting ripped off. To the website owner... use the money your farming here to get a faster server. </div></div>

Wow, where's all this coming from? I'm pretty sure that nobody on here cares if people don't join the PMA and just browse the other hunting forums. Its their loss. PMA membership is pretty cheap and its worth it to see all the big bucks and hear all the great stories that get posted in there. I just figure I'll have a couple less beers over the course of the year and that'll cover my PMA costs! </div></div>

Yowsers.....Lilas Dad, take it easy man, kiss your A$$ huh? For a guy with 24 posts that's quite a statement since why should anybody care what you have to say with that attitude since nobody knows you? Nobody said any of the new members have to become a PMA member....what was posted about the new members is true....when a big buck is killed it's crazy to see all the new posters popping up just to add their 2 cents about the buck, but then are never seen again, that's all.

Regarding the PMA - this same argument gets brought up every single fall about this time by someone...is $16 gonna break the bank? The site isn't asking you to donate a kidney. Do you have any idea what gets posted in the PMAs? I can promise you there isn't another site on the web that has the quality of members the PMA does - not to mention the rediculously giant bucks that get posted in there every single year. Nobody said you have to join, if you don't like it, head back over to IowaOutdoors and vent away, keep your 16 bucks. Good luck this fall.

Nice to be a part of such a quality site! Thanks for all of the posts on this topic. It has been an enjoyable read!

Congrats on the Simmon's Buck! Wow!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> One more thing. For those who don't like the fact that there are new people posting here that will never pay to be on the private forum....kiss my A$$. Who gives a crap about your private forum. </div></div>

You, sir, have certainly misinterpreted anything that has been posted about the PMA.

The PMA is not some secret society...it's not just for the rich and it is ACTUALLY open to the public. I made mention that if a person wishes to keep some things a little more private, that THIS SITE actually has a place for that...for the paying members enjoyment only...PAYMENT, which goes to support this website so that everyone (including you) can drop by and look at the public forums and share what they wish to type.

Some people don't like to give all the details to their posts (like name, location, certain pictures, etc.) in a public forum where they can be swept up by any/everyone good and bad alike. The PMA filters this to a degree, which I think is cool.

If you don't like the PMA, then stick to the public forums...that's fine, but there's no reason to knock those of us who are willing to spend less then $20/year to support this place.

I welcome new people becausse this site is all about sharing and the more minds that work towards one goal (understanding whitetails) the better.

Top Bottom