Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Single that should have been a Double

Limb Chicken

Well, this turkey season in Iowa was different this year in the sense that Weasel and I weren't arguing about where to go, where to set up, where we thought the birds were going to be... We actually went out and watched and devised a plan the night before. BRILLIANT! /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

Morning found us where we decided to set up with the thought all of the birds would be 3oo yards away. Took our time setting up being a little careful of the noise we made but not too concerned. Birds started gobbling where we left them the night before. They continue then a gobble behind us about 80 yards or so... Forget ever seeing that clown... /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

The birds pitched down and started the show. After some convincing through the ditch they came, shoulder to shoulder on the march.

3stooges.JPEG

It was Weasel's turn to shoot and he held up his end of the deal.

shot.JPEG

One bird dead, other birds walking around not knowing what is going on. I finally realized I should be getting ready and handed the camera to Scott and proceeded to try to knock an arrow. I was working that arrow and string like a part time job but couldn't get r done as you can see by the video, by the time I got done jacking around moe and larry decided the had seen enough and were headed out of dodge. I finally got a shot off but it was a "swing and a miss" (in my best Joe Buck voice).

swingmiss.JPEG

DSC01454.JPG

The rest of the day was spent trying but not being able to connect but the dark horse got her first notch on the hub ... /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

darkhorse1.JPEG

hahaha
cool post Limb, and its good to know im not the only one who misses....
/forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

nice work Scotty!!

whats the story on the beard(s)

i see that bird Weasel shot hat a pair of them??

If that is what you want to call them. Wasn't much. It was a beard that broke off and split in two. No double beards on that one. He frickin shoots the freaks.

WTG.. I'm sure you'll have the hubs filled with notches in no time. At least you get the first shot next go around! /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

Thanks for posting!

Great job guys!!

I think since Limb missed isn't it now Weasel's turn again. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I think since Limb missed isn't it now Weasel's turn again. </div></div>

I think that is probably the way he is gonna see it as well... /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

Top Bottom