Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Sligh1 Bucks Passed Video, 2013

a buck decoy outta do the trick on the Adam&Steve buck!!!

Great video...hope you're out pounding the ground collecting some sheds:way:

Great video! Hope that big white ten gives you just as many opportunities when you set your sights on him. Thanks for sharing!!

Wowzers! Those are some fantastic deer! Kudos to you for passing, especially that big white racked 10! Do you know how old he is?

I also think that young guy at the 4:20 mark will be cool in a couple years if he keeps his character.

The 1st big typical is 3 or a small chance he's 4. Sheds from last yr, etc. he's a genetic marvel I love to see get to potential if he makes it.
The super white 10 point is 5. Followed him since he was 2. He lives in a tiny core area on my place and I just couldn't bring myself to shoot him. He did make it though! Just got some more pics of him Be cool to see what he does next season. Thanks for the feedback guys!!

That's what i was thinking, what is he hunting if he's passing that? Great video!!!

Lol it's all relative. People in the south think guys are nuts to pass a 110 inch deer.......

Id bet money the decision to pass that deer was made LONG before he ever walked out. If he committed in his head I highly doubt he ever questioned letting him go.

If you want to kill giants you can't kill the good ones.

I ended up killing a 6 year old that's at the end of the video. I had opportunities at 2 others that I personally think are bigger than the 1 I got, history and trail cams of them all..... I had the other 2 in iffy situations - one was in the brush very close and i did not want to take the chance of wounding him. The other I had full draw at 5 yards in cedars but I kinda thought it was "the 3 year old that looks similar" so I refrained. Looked at pics of him on my phone and realized I just let a mammoth walk. Could not call him back in either and then got the 6 year old a few days later. Still a good season and ya, I pretty much knew which bucks I wanted to pass. Want to get them to full maturity. The ones that were fully mature, I only got the one but totally happy with that. Fun season and now there should be good season in year's ahead. I kinda look at it like, if I pass the 4 year old's every year, the next year there will always be a good amount of 5 year olds + around to hunt & I never will get all those anyways. So, keeping future hunting tremendous is just a priority to me. I do enjoy filming them too - having a dandy at 5 yards or whatever, if I don't kill him, it's still a thrill, REWARDING and a blast for me.

I ended up killing a 6 year old that's at the end of the video. I had opportunities at 2 others that I personally think are bigger than the 1 I got, history and trail cams of them all..... I had the other 2 in iffy situations - one was in the brush very close and i did not want to take the chance of wounding him. The other I had full draw at 5 yards in cedars but I kinda thought it was "the 3 year old that looks similar" so I refrained. Looked at pics of him on my phone and realized I just let a mammoth walk. Could not call him back in either and then got the 6 year old a few days later. Still a good season and ya, I pretty much knew which bucks I wanted to pass. Want to get them to full maturity. The ones that were fully mature, I only got the one but totally happy with that. Fun season and now there should be good season in year's ahead. I kinda look at it like, if I pass the 4 year old's every year, the next year there will always be a good amount of 5 year olds + around to hunt & I never will get all those anyways. So, keeping future hunting tremendous is just a priority to me. I do enjoy filming them too - having a dandy at 5 yards or whatever, if I don't kill him, it's still a thrill, REWARDING and a blast for me.

I agree with you. I think the greatest reward is in the hunt and having those quality bucks in bow range is a victory in and of itself. I think it's a little different for me as all of my hunting has been on highly pressured public and it's not often I can follow a deer for for more than a couple years in a row. And yeah I agree the next year should be rocking for you!!!

Top Bottom