Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Snake in the blind!

Haha...good stuff. I always shine a light in there in the dark before I climb in. My fear is that a skunk will have thought it was nice inside there.

Did you literally soil yourself? :confused: Those bullsnakes are turds tho. Fairly docile creatures but they'll wrap themselves around your ankle at the first sign of fear haha.

OMG you just lived one of my worst fears. although you gave me a good laugh, it still made my skin crawl reading it. uhg!

I also no a guy that hunts in the Winterset area and has found more than one timber rattler over the last few years. Big ones too.

I'm right there with ya man! I don't mind a snake as long as I know where he is at and I'm not there with him. One turkey season I was sitting against a tree near the truck waiting for a buddy when I heard, well.....not crunching, more like the sound of a small tire rolling in the grass beside me. I looked down and saw a bull snake sticking out from my turkey vest. I froze until I realized that the part sticking out was the tail! I was up and out of my vest in record spead. Thank God there wasn't a blind holding me in. :eek:

Even through I didn't think it was funny when it happened to me, I sure laughed hard at your story!:D

Everytime I take my wife out she insists I do a quick sweep of the blind for snakes! Needless to say, I will not be showing her this post! :D

-Longspurs-

This is a great and funny thread.. This crap better never happen to me..

I prolly scare off more deer by looking up to make sure no raccoon's are coming down to visit me.. BTW, I now have a ground blind for sale.. :)

Just spit a small amount of beer on my keyboard after reading the title alone. LMAO but would rather this didn't happen to me. :eek:

Snakes don't bother me a bit but I may have just cut his head off for a souvenir....btw, bull snakes would make a great limb covering on the recurve. May have to hunt a couple down.

There is still snow on the ground here in Clayton County @ 8PM on Saturday so I'm going back out in the morning.Too cold for snakes to be moving so I'm excited to get back out there.

Haha...good stuff. I always shine a light in there in the dark before I climb in. My fear is that a skunk will have thought it was nice inside there.
LMAO!!!
This happened to me once a few yrs back. was set up bout 20 yds from a timber line along a fence. I heard something mmoving through the weeds in the timber thinking it was a Turk. well it wasnt! Mr. black and white wobbles on out and procedes my way. I didnt have the DB staked down as i was on some uneven ground and it wasnt too windy. on the back of the blind was about a 4 inch gap. Well that sucker seen it and thought he would try and make some company. Not wanting to startle him into spraying I prayed and kept quiet. luckly he popped his head in and out and proceeded on his way down the fence line. Well after it got dark i tore down the DB and headed to my truck which was at the end of the fence line. Not wanting another confrontation I swung way out into the cornfield. I was about 3/4's way back to the road cutting across corn rows when all of a sudden im taking a step right onto a something that i didnt want to meet again! He must of been rootin in the dry stalks and didnt hear me coming. I tell you one thing. In mid step I flew back in mid air. my heart stopped for seemed like forever. I took off on a dead run with about 30 lbs on crap on my shoulders screaming the whole way back to the Truck to make sure Everything in the county could here me!

Top Bottom