Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Sob Story

180class

Ok, I'm gonna swallow my pride and just ask/beg. Is there anyone out there who would be willing to take me out and put me on a bird this year? I haven't shot a turkey with my bow, well....ever. I've been trying now for the past 4 years and I just can't get it done. Alot has to do with the area I hunt having a very low number of birds. After last year, I said I was done. I refused to spend the $$ on a tag just to come up empty again. I even sold my DB blind so I wouldn't be tempted to go out again. I'm regretting that now that spring is approaching. So, if anyone out there would be willing to take me out and put me on some birds some place, I would be very grateful! I don't have a lot to offer as far as the hunt goes. I have decoys, but they aren't the almighty DSD. I've just got one of those old, out dated Pretty Boys. :D I'd be more than willing to supply all refeshments after the hunt!!!:drink1:

You can come with me if you're interested in seeing NO TURKEYS and have ZERO chance of getting one! :) I'm in same boat as you but I'm sure you're far better at it than me- I just suck at turkey hunting and threw in the towel a few years ago. Big bucks for me and I let all my buddies and fam shoot the toms while I sleep in!

I'm always ready for a road trip if I have enough notice so I can plan. Name a weekend.

Thanks for the offers guys. Brian and I are in the process of setting up a hunt. If that falls through, I'll give you guys a shout. Thanks again!

Guys 180 is un teachable! If you can keep him from shooting Robins you might get through to him!:moon::D

If anyone else out there wants to take someone else
along with them I am looking for a guide. :D

You have a good guide there 180. :way:

We can try HB's if you want. I got everything, BUT we should just use a boat and float the river.

If we're talking the same river, numbers are way down, though there are still birds to be had. I had a couple close encounters last year but rookie mistakes cost me big.

There are plenty of turkeys up in that river valley on the public. I would tell you where to go but my cousins would be mad LOL. They had a lot of action last year.

Guys 180 is un teachable! If you can keep him from shooting Robins you might get through to him!:moon::D

Hell, I'd settle for shooting a robin! At least I would get to fling an arrow. Havn't shot an arrow while turkey hunting yet!

All I know is this is the best strategy I have seen yet! 180 comes on a couple weeks before Turkey season and begs for someone to take him to get a bird. I am doing the same thing next year about September 25th. I'm done scouting and running cams, 180's approach is much easier :D Anybody got any extra booners running around that you can put me on? HAHAHA

I love the strategy 180, you are the man :way:

I just can't believe 180 didn't take me up on my turkey hunting offer with my amazing description on page 1!!! I hope it works out for you 180- good luck and I hope you get a crack at a big old tom!!!

Sligh, if you want to make me the same offer on a big buck this coming Fall, it may be a differnet story!:D

I assuming you're joking! Definately not my intentions.

:way: yes I'm joking. That is part of what this site is all about. I love the fact that guys are willing to help others out and that people will share knowledge and resources. I hope you kill a slob, and your welcome up here in Gods country anytime! There are a few birds around this year :grin:

Top Bottom