Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Some people take for granted what they have.

Great post and I couldn't agree more. I too hunt public allot and hate seeing trash. Don't know if I am in the minority or not, but public or privat, I even pick up my spent shotgun shells. I don't reload them so they are trash to me, but no need to leave them there, and why tip someone off to where I had luck.......

I see trash all over on the public ground by me (Red Rock public). I would say the vast majority of it is from flooding, but still it wasn't thrown away to begin with. Cans, bottles, tires, wrappers, oil bottles, wads of fishing line, wrappers, styrofoam, propane tanks you name it you can find it. People also do a lot of target shooting and dump old applicances or other things and just leave them. Doesn't make me happy at all, on the way out I usually pick up a few things and throw them in my vehicle then thow them in the dumpster. Makes me even more upset when I can see where people have fished and they just leave a pile of cans/bottles, empty warm boxes/liver containers just feet from the water.

There is the occasional slob around here but I don't think it's too bad. I have a friend that has hunted turkeys in florida several times and he said it awful there. Large and small trash on all the public lands he's been on. I'm sure the state has a tough time keeping up with it all. He said public lands around here look pristine compared to there.

moosehunter said:
There is the occasional slob around here but I don't think it's too bad. I have a friend that has hunted turkeys in florida several times and he said it awful there. Large and small trash on all the public lands he's been on. I'm sure the state has a tough time keeping up with it all. He said public lands around here look pristine compared to there.

Ya well if we dont take care of the problem now then our public and private land will look like

Not just hunting,,look at the roadsides! I have worked at State Parks the last 25 yrs. Incredible trash. It starts young. You see little kids, eating something and just throwing it down. This is a symptom of having too much,,and getting too much easy. Our society is spoiled. I have a cousin who taught in Africa, in poor villages. People there were excited to obtain a plastic cup. They cherished anything they were given.

Don't get me started - I would just end up sounding like the biggest a$$hole ever as it relates to my opinion on the people who leave this junk. Needless to say, I can relate to all the prior comments.

Does anybody else ever find GeoCache stuff on public ground? Some kind of online geo-positioning map game. If found it in 2 different spots. One was an ammo box. What hunter wouldnt go check out a ammo box sitting next to a tree right!

:D Yea! but I go in the woods for more than a a beer party and a reunion of the cast of Deliverence!! I also have more than one tooth!!! :way:

If you hurry up and have a thought, you will have 20 post on here!! Thanks for your time! Next!!!!!!
from your previous posts i can see you got to 956 by pissing off eveyone else on here.

Does anybody else ever find GeoCache stuff on public ground? Some kind of online geo-positioning map game. If found it in 2 different spots. One was an ammo box. What hunter wouldnt go check out a ammo box sitting next to a tree right!

I've geocached before.. It's actually pretty fun. We've found stuff hidden in anything from the end of a pencil eraser stuck in the bark of a tree to peanut butter jars, film canisters, and hide-a-keys... They are all registered on a geocache website so the stuff doesn't just get left there to rot. I'd recommend it to anyone that wants to enjoy some quality family time, or, if you like to travel a lot, they are hidden all over the world.

Sometimes, when I see a lot of garbage anywhere around here, whether it be in a ditch, or in a hunting area, I look back and remember back to 2008 and although I hate seeing any garbage anywhere at all, we really could have it a lot worse. I lived in Egypt just short of a year and these are two photos I took while in a bus traveling through downtown Cairo.. All that desert, you would think they would have plenty of room for a landfill. In the second pic, there is a herd of goats eating garbage downtown and the sky is full of smog..... This is what you have to look forward to if you ever decided to go see the pyramids. It's like this EVERYWHERE in Egypt.. If there is a chain link fence, it looks like a solid wall from all of the garbage blown against it in the wind... It's funny how you literally can step across the border into Israel and it is a night and day difference.

315_35334484608_500039608_601764_6525_n.jpg

315_35334474608_500039608_601763_5441_n.jpg

Respect is something that is getting tougher and tougher to find these days..I grew up in a rural area, so it was a little different than the big city I live in now - It seems it makes a big difference when you dont know everyone, and your actions are only affecting others you dont know from Adam..People break "rules" in my apartment complex all the time, and couldnt care less about anyone else in the building. Cant wait to get back to a rural area.

Oh thats right, this thread is about trash on hunting grounds - sorry about my 'lack of respect' rant - thats just what causes most of these problems. Here is an example of what I found one day while shed hunting ON OUR PRIVATE PROPERTY. This is the result of one of the OWNERS and his kids/buddies that use the land..

IMG_0998.jpg

IMG_1002.jpg

from your previous posts i can see you got to 956 by pissing off eveyone else on here.
:D Yep! I say what I think!! They get pissed! Too bad! I want friends I'll join the boy scouts!!! But I don't dump trash on my land or anybody else's! EVER!!! And I would'nt worry about my previous post! I did'nt worry about all 18 of yours!! Like I said...........NEXT!!!!!!!!!:D

Respect is something that is getting tougher and tougher to find these days..I grew up in a rural area, so it was a little different than the big city I live in now - It seems it makes a big difference when you dont know everyone, and your actions are only affecting others you dont know from Adam..People break "rules" in my apartment complex all the time, and couldnt care less about anyone else in the building. Cant wait to get back to a rural area.

Oh thats right, this thread is about trash on hunting grounds - sorry about my 'lack of respect' rant - thats just what causes most of these problems. Here is an example of what I found one day while shed hunting ON OUR PRIVATE PROPERTY. This is the result of one of the OWNERS and his kids/buddies that use the land..

IMG_0998.jpg

IMG_1002.jpg

Man! Ya scored a real cool blaze orange face mask!!!!! :D

Trying owning/farming property right by sand bars by town *rolls eyes* I even know who goes there and told them not to. Stupid peope don't listen very much...

EDIT: Just want to add, I shotgun hunt with a group. None of them drink beer while hunting OR throw stuff on the land. Maybe a few cigs on the road but other than that we respect the ground and the owner by not doing it. We do everything legal, which I was suprized they didn't do anything illegal.

Last edited:
Trying owning/farming property right by sand bars by town *rolls eyes* I even know who goes there and told them not to. Stupid peope don't listen very much...

EDIT: Just want to add, I shotgun hunt with a group. None of them drink beer while hunting OR throw stuff on the land. Maybe a few cigs on the road but other than that we respect the ground and the owner by not doing it. We do everything legal, which I was suprized they didn't do anything illegal.

Brother thats when you post it, then call the cops!!! 0 tolerence!!:way: And..I know a whole lot of gun hunters that know about respect! I also know that shotgun seasons draws out the idiots! People that should never own a slingshot, let alone a firearm!!

Last edited:
I've geocached before.. It's actually pretty fun. We've found stuff hidden in anything from the end of a pencil eraser stuck in the bark of a tree to peanut butter jars, film canisters, and hide-a-keys... They are all registered on a geocache website so the stuff doesn't just get left there to rot. I'd recommend it to anyone that wants to enjoy some quality family time, or, if you like to travel a lot, they are hidden all over the world.

Take my youngest one out GEOCACHE hunting, a good way for him and I to spend time in the woods when season is over, even works out for a little shed hunting time.

It is a problem every where i go I don,t understand how you can carry in a full can of beer, but can not carry out an empty one!!!! We always bring out what we can pick .up

Top Bottom