Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Speeding tickets

tickets

if the tickets are from a traffic camera they do not go against your driving record, only tickets over 10mph over the posted limit,

and also slow down would be a good answer, and have a safe trip!

Are you driving on 380 in CR if so there are four cams there I'd say slow down in that zone to 5 above and you will be fine or at least I have been.

"Nine's fine, Ten your mine" rule works 95% of the time. Follow that rule and you'll usually be good to go.. Our traffic cameras here wont send you a ticket until you're 11 over I believe... I think Tim Hull could elaborate on that.. ha

"Nine's fine, Ten your mine" rule works 95% of the time. Follow that rule and you'll usually be good to go.. Our traffic cameras here wont send you a ticket until you're 11 over I believe... I think Tim Hull could elaborate on that.. ha

or..."Never a fine, unless you are over NINE." :D

I am glad that we do not have these cameras in KS. I would be mad if i received a ticket in the mail! We do have the cameras that take pictures of vehicles running red lights. I always said that if i received a picture of my truck attached to a ticket i would send them a picture of money to pay the ticket! :)

I hope this goes to 100 responses, this is kinda funny, but shows the direction we are headed in the US

That is true. Our traffic camera speed tickets at the five intersections in the city of Muscatine don't issue a ticket until 11 over. They are a civil penalty against the owner of the vehicle and they don't count towards suspension of your drivers license because they don't get reported to the state, they are a civil infraction, not a regular speeding criminal citation.

Bingo! Worked well for me the past ten years. Knock on wood

I always heard it as "8 you're great...9 you're mine!" haha

As others have said they do not go directly against your record, but if they go unpaid I believe they will keep you from registering that vehicle until paid.
I am ok with the camera's in cases where they put them in school zones or dangerous intersections for safety reasons. Out on the open road I think it is a cash cow and that is all.

If you don't pay them they eventually will lower or ruin your credit score. They get turned over to collection agencies.

On 380 in CR theres one on Northbound and Southbound at H avenue, 1 southbound at the 1st ave exit right on the river, and 1 northbound at the Diagonal Drive exit. It's 55mph speed limit, but 67mph + is when it takes the pic

I have a GPS that has the alerts for this. Great for driving out of town. I live in Cedar Rapids and I stay 60 or below on 380 until I am out of the zone

That is true. Our traffic camera speed tickets at the five intersections in the city of Muscatine don't issue a ticket until 11 over. They are a civil penalty against the owner of the vehicle and they don't count towards suspension of your drivers license because they don't get reported to the state, they are a civil infraction, not a regular speeding criminal citation.

What if the owner wasn't driving, how does that work?

What if the owner wasn't driving, how does that work?

In there eyes if your the registered owner, it is your responsibility to keep that vehicle under the speed limit, even if your not driving.

Edit: They wouldn't be able to prove who is driving, and neither can you...

In there eyes if your the registered owner, it is your responsibility to keep that vehicle under the speed limit, even if your not driving.

Edit: They wouldn't be able to prove who is driving, and neither can you...

And thus why it doesn't go against your driving record.....

Top Bottom