Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Spot Hogg lovers

Limb Chicken

For all you guys and gals that love the Spot Hogg but feel the pins could use a little brightness. This is nothing new however, thought I would share a picture of a solution. I am very happy now with the brightness of the pins... Just thought I would share...
grin.gif
These are Hot Dot fibers and the stuff is really reasonable and easy to work with. Here is the link to their page. Had no problem and only ordered 54 ft. south coast fiber optics

26DSC01549.JPG

I'm not sure if you had given me the idea or Silvertip but here is my rendition of brightening up the pins
933hogsight-med.jpg

That is a pretty good solution. The one thing that yours addresses is the exposed fiber. That gives me another idea for V.1.1...
grin.gif

After modification DOR...you bet, I have seen a ton of sights on the market and based on the durability of these, they are the best out there. The addition of the longer fiber optic only makes the best better.

Shredder-
Just jarring Limb a little.
grin.gif
I have personally never tried spott hogg. Might give them a look if I go after mule deer this september. For WT's i will stick with my one pin cosmic!

Ghost shoots the cosmic and that thing is bright as all get out.....good sight as well DOR. Limb probably needs some razzing tho so fire away
grin.gif

Christopher,
I agree, you spend that kind of money on a site and you should get the pins to go with it...however I really like the site and this is a pretty easy solution to the problem so what is another $3.20 to make the pins brighter...ya gopher.
grin.gif

T-Roy,
I switched from a CJDN and I didn't think pin brightness was an issue, but I guess you could, without much trouble do it with that site as well.

What are the regulations the state of IA or Pope and Young has imposed on the use of artificial lighting on sights. Doesn't Spott Hogg sell a single LED attachment kit for their sights?
CRITR

Not pope & young accepted but legal in Iowa...The spot hogg site light sucks in my opinion. It vibrates like a tuning fork. With the quality of site they put out the really miss the boat on the light (it can be much better).

Has anyone seen the light that is attached to your cable slide? The light stays off until you pull your bow back and the light is activated. Really brightens the pins and is quiet.

I'll have to find out the name of the company, but I saw one on a bow the other day, the thing that I didn't like about it was there is a cord that hangs on the side of the bow. Not a big one but something that could possibly get snagged. I'll see if I can find out who makes it.

this it BJ? Do not think it turns on while drawing but the intensity of the light is adjustable.

Limb/Shredder: Which of your 2 sights are brighter? Does it make a difference with the fiber end proteced in the sight housing as opposed to on the sight bar?

I don't know which is brighter, I do know that there is a point where more fiber doesn't make a difference. I went out after I finished this and could see my pins up to the end of shooting hours and am very happy with the results.

The light is made by CB archery products. They have one set up on a bow in the shop. It is hooked to the cable slide and when it almost gets to full draw the light comes on.

limb, what size pins did you have on your site and what size fiber optic did you purchase. did you have any trouble getting the new fiber in the old hole.
both set ups look great.

Easton,
I did not have any trouble, I have both the .29 and .19 (I have a hunter hogg it as well) and ordered the .30 and am getting some .20 and the .30 worked fine. Once in a while I would have a little difficulty but I did the whole site and three other pins in about a half hour. Say hello to Gerald when you call...
grin.gif

Top Bottom