Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Spot Hogg lovers

Here's my version with a modified light
157spoth-med.jpg

Also notice the new bow
grin.gif

Which bow is that there Chris.....looks like a tec riser to me
grin.gif
Would theat happen to be the Vtec by hoyt???? Just curious tho... how does it shot for you, that is one I have been looking at for a backup bow.

Shredder, it's a V-tech decked out with new WC strings, TT - rest and of course this customized Spott-Hogg
waytogo.gif

Now I will have to make a decision each day on whether to carry the Mathews or the Hoyt into the woods.
grin.gif

Onecam,
I think that decision should be easy after hearing that loud cannon er hoyt go off last weekend!
grin.gif

BTW,
Love the tricked out spott hogg!

After some field testing I found it necessary to make a few modifications ... extremely bright and durable fiber optics

157SH2-med.jpg

157SH1-med.jpg

OneCam, that plastic covering going to cause a little unwanted glare up in the tree?

one cam, why the latest mod? what did you find out in your field testing? i have my spot hogg & extra fiber optic on order. Gerald at SCFO was real easy to deal with. just waiting now for my stuff to come in and learning from how you guys did yours.

Easton, those that know me will agree that I can be pretty hard on my equipment, therefore I've learned to avoid equipment failures by outfitting my bow with the most durable equipment (thus Spot-Hogg). My previous modification did not pass my field tests as I broke a few fiber optics "dragging" my bow around turkey hunting. The newest version is extremely tough and a rather easy customization to apply. I used a 1" clear tube as the cover and two smaller clear tubes to run the fibers down. If you look close the top smaller tube has a thill light attached
waytogo.gif

Sounds like you need to try a recurve or longbow Onecam! When the hunts over just chuck it out of the tree and climb down! No mechanical failure to deal with,when you use the the old crooked sticks!
grin.gif

Sounds like an all day sit a few years ago ... around 3pm I nodded off and let my bow slip from my grasp. It fell 20+ feet. I retreived it without issues and shot a really nice one the very next morning.

Can you setup handle that type of abuse?
grin.gif

The old black widow has been chucked from 25+ feet numerous times after missing dandy's.

Since I have went "high tech" the razortec has stayed at my side giving me little reason to send it airborne. Not sure I would be to confident shooting it afterwards.

Now the widow she would still shoot straight!!
grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
The old black widow has been chucked from 25+ feet numerous times after missing dandy's.

[/ QUOTE ]
jester.gif
jester.gif

Muddy's Trophy Ridge site after a fall
411FUSight-med.jpg
:jester
jester.gif

hey boys, check out the new cabela's archery catalog, page 73. looks like viper archery stole your idea

earlier this week onecam and I compared his spot hogg to my plain old straight out of the box unit. This difference is unreal! I cant wait to modify mine.
Combine this with the design features of the spott hogs and this is the best sight out there hands down.

Top Bottom