Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

springfield xd

• Deleted by N/A
Show…
9mm.jpg

I bought a xd 40 a few months ago i bought a holster at sportsmans in dm a little bulky but carries a second mag. Did you also hear about the extra mag. Promotion that is going on?

Muddy- I had the same gun for a while. It shoots great. I've since sold it to my hunting partner who uses it for his daily CCW. It's small enough to carry, yet has a good enough sight radius to be fairly accurate with.

He carries it in an M-Tac holster, which is very close to the crossbreed holster mentioned. Both are great holsters for CCW. Just for range use, can't beat a simple Fobus or Blackhawk Serpa. I personally use the crossbreed with a glock 19.

As far as ammo goes, any FMJ for practice is fine. I shoot a lot of winchester white box (WWB) or Federal Bulk ammo from Walmart. I've found WM to have the best prices on bulk pistol ammo aside from buying online.

For self defense ammo, I like the 124 +P loadings. There's a ton of great ones out there. Also, the 147 +P from Winchester Ranger is great ammo. I want to get my hands on some for my Glock 19 which I carry daily.

I did the same as Cooter, bought it thinking it was made in Illinois, I was dissapointed to find it was made in Croatia. I still like the gun, it shoots great.

I was talking with a friend about ccw ammo and he said that if you are shooting ammo designed to inflick the most damage that there is a higher chance for a lawsuit if you do have to shoot someone. I know this most likely true with all cases but higher chance of them winning if you are using that type of ammo.

Is this true?

THA4 said:
T-Roy, you carry Fresh Wipes in your purse for when the urge hits you, yes?

I'll bet that 9 hurts just as bad as your big bad 45.... :rolleyes:

Ask anyone 40 has the best ballistics 45s are for the guys trying to compensate :D. 9mm is as small as I will go. It will do the job no problem.

Ask anyone 40 has the best ballistics 45s are for the guys trying to compensate :D. 9mm is as small as I will go. It will do the job no problem.

Agreed. Not like it's a BB gun, and I hope I never am put in the place to have to pull the trigger on it other than at paper.

This thread is for suggestions on conceal carry holsters, let's keep it at that subject PLEASE.

As far as ammo goes, I just bought some Winchesters for plinking and some heavier self defense hollow point Winchesters as well. At 5-15 yards I know I wouldn't want to be shot by a freaking .22 let alone anything bigger.

Now I am trying to find a comfortable holster.

Do you want to carry inside the wasteband or outside the wasteband?

That will help narrow your choices.

For inside, I like either a crossbreed or a m-tac. Both are readily available and they spread out the weight best with their two point attachment system. Either one will be around $80.

For outside, I like a leather pancake holster. Wintertime I carry my 1911 5" in a leather pancake made by Desantis. You'll need a light jacket or long shirt to conceal this. I think I paid $60.

You could also ankle holster that gun. I know it seems on the big side, but I have a friend who does it. I prefer to have the gun up closer to my hip personally, though.

muddy said:
10 bottles. If you need some let me know, I may have to make a run to Des Moines to deliver some to a thirsty buddy in the next week or two.

Oh I can't ever turn down some TR, how much?

Sent from my HTC Thunderbolt using IW

Do you want to carry inside the wasteband or outside the wasteband?

That will help narrow your choices.

For inside, I like either a crossbreed or a m-tac. Both are readily available and they spread out the weight best with their two point attachment system. Either one will be around $80.

For outside, I like a leather pancake holster. Wintertime I carry my 1911 5" in a leather pancake made by Desantis. You'll need a light jacket or long shirt to conceal this. I think I paid $60.

You could also ankle holster that gun. I know it seems on the big side, but I have a friend who does it. I prefer to have the gun up closer to my hip personally, though.

Probably a little of both depending on the time of year obviously. I think I'll stay away from ankle holsters, I've heard they're a little hard to get to.

Fishbonker said:
Naw, he has those kids trained to pick up cans in the ditches. Tells the Muddetts they are goin on a nature walk.

That's better than dressing them in old ratty close and going to the mall and beggin for money.

Now now this thread is for cc holsters lets keep on that subject PLEASE : rolleyes:

My pleading up above to keep it on the subject at hand wasn't directed at you in any way Cooter, the picture warfare could completely deflect this off into the wild unknown. :way:

Thanks for the info you have posted thus far, it's appreciated.

Top Bottom