Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

steel casing ammo?

muddy

Anyone ever use steel cased ammo out of their AR's? Much difference in performance between it and brass?

• Deleted by N/A
Show…
  • Deleted by N/A
Show…
  • Deleted by N/A
Show…
I reccomend pmc good and have had great luck with it. Usually a good deal thru cabelas...

The deal is steel cases are treated with shellac to prevent rust. It comes off with heat and coats the chamber causing extraction probs.. Been there. Acetone and elbow grease will clean it out..........ck

NOOOOOOOOOOOO MUD. ^^^ The above, and also the necks have no "give" when being fed into the chamber and can jack things up. Not to mention there is a good chance you will get one stuck.

PMC was killing Pd's out too 600 a few short months ago.

Ive shot thousands of rounds of steel cased Wolf ammo 55gr HP They shoot just as accurate out of my DPMS and as long as you clean your gun even remotely regular you wont have a problem. But one thing we have learned is some guns dont like it you either get lucky and it works great in your gun or it simply wont cylce it. Either way it works for me just try a box before you decide you hate it.

Case neck give?

If you need a case neck to "give" at any point in cycling you realy should check your headspace. Its the varnish that makes cheap steel case ammo problematic. Some of my rifles like it some don't. There are some very good steel cased ammo out there Hornady steel match for one. Ars can be finicky about ammo at times.

Top Bottom