Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Tacky Outfitter

170,000 animals

That is a post harvest number, so it's not quite as bad as it sounds.

It's lower than I'd like too but with so many farmers, insurance companies, suburban gardeners and landscapers, motorcycle drivers and non hunting drivers of all stripes wanting 0 deer it's a compromise I can live with.

also, previous posters are correct the party hunting rules far predate NR tags.

Last edited:
Jeesh, I gettin beat up on this one. Remember not all NR's come from MI or GA many NR's are former residents who left IA for NE, MO, KS, etc. for work, family, etc. Not very long ago those NR's could hunt IA fairly easily,at least having a chance at drawing a shotgun tag. Now, with the increased popularity of IA hunting caused by IA's very own residents, ie. Kisky, Lakosky, etc., drawing a tag is difficult. The party hunt allows folks to draw a tag, hunt with the party(family, friends) and have a chance at shooting a buck or doe. I love residents who complain about the NR party hunter but who themselves shoot 2 or 3 bucks per year. I know I know you live in Iowa. Get the IBA involved, complain a little louder and maybe you will get the DNR to change the party hunting regs.

That whole situation stinks something awful. So let me get this straight, a NR can shoot a deer that he or she does not have a tag for, someone else can then tag the buck so the NR did not actually "use" it themselves. Then the NR can take it home?? That is about as screwed up as it gets lol.

Top Bottom