Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Tagged buck Controversy

[ QUOTE ]
If that tag in the ear isn't a dead give away. Just think if this was a deer that the dnr tagged...they would be all over this guy for shooting one of their tagged deer.

[/ QUOTE ]Why would the DNR be all over a guy that shot a deer with a tag on it? The DNR tags animals so that once legally harvested by a hunter, they can learn about its' travels once the hunter reports the tag kill.

[ QUOTE ]
Why would the DNR be all over a guy that shot a deer with a tag on it? The DNR tags animals so that once legally harvested by a hunter, they can learn about its' travels once the hunter reports the tag kill.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll have to check on it, but that doesn't happen in MN as far as I'm aware of. I'll find out and post my findings.

EDIT** I spoke with the big game coordinator of MN and he said that they have radio collared deer in the past, but haven't in a few years. He doubts that there are many still out there. They tagged deer around Whitewater WMA, Redwood Falls and Grand Rapids.

No different than shooting a goose or a turkey with a tag on it. No where in any state regs that I have been made aware of does it state that if you see a deer with a tag don't shoot it.

[ QUOTE ]
I have a question about this, what would have happened if it was a buffalo, or even a cow, ?

[/ QUOTE ]

Never heard of a buffalo or cow season.

lion season has nothing to do with this. unless you shot a lion with a collar on it durring a lion season.

the hunter shot a legal game animal in that state. tag, no tag...tame/wild, doesn't matter. just one of the hazards of raising a game animal. if some dude with a pheasant farm had some birds escape, they would also be fair game. farm owner should just let it go, and spend the money he is gonna waste on legal fees, on some better fencing

[ QUOTE ]
i thought you could shoot a mt. lion

[/ QUOTE ]

Until they are added to the furbearers list & put in the protected column of the regs - you can shoot a lion in Iowa.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Why would the DNR be all over a guy that shot a deer with a tag on it? The DNR tags animals so that once legally harvested by a hunter, they can learn about its' travels once the hunter reports the tag kill.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll have to check on it, but that doesn't happen in MN as far as I'm aware of. I'll find out and post my findings.

EDIT** I spoke with the big game coordinator of MN and he said that they have radio collared deer in the past, but haven't in a few years. He doubts that there are many still out there. They tagged deer around Whitewater WMA, Redwood Falls and Grand Rapids.

[/ QUOTE ]Does MN allow you to shoot one with a collar on it?

I haven't heard or read that you can't. Plus Lou(Big Game coordinator) didn't say that one couldn't.....So I would say yes.

Top Bottom