Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Tax Rebate

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DoubleDropTines</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I hear everybody getting excited about this. Does nobody realize it is just an advance on your 2009 tax refund? </div></div>

From everything I have read it has nothing to do with an advance on our taxes next year. Are you sure on this ??

I don't know how it could be an advance when people who don't even have to file taxes every year are getting it (retirees, etc.)..? There's been years where I haven't even got a refund as large as the rebate check I'll be getting, so how would that work?

I read an article on MSN yesterday that said the money would be deducted from your 09 refund. Meaning if you had an 800 dollar refund you would only get 200 back. 800-600=200. This is my understanding.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: -DannyBoy-</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I don't know how it could be an advance when people who don't even have to file taxes every year are getting it (retirees, etc.)..? There's been years where I haven't even got a refund as large as the rebate check I'll be getting, so how would that work? </div></div>
You will not be getting a check if you didnt file in 07. i think /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DoubleDropTines</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I read an article on MSN yesterday that said the money would be deducted from your 09 refund. Meaning if you had an 800 dollar refund you would only get 200 back. 800-600=200. This is my understanding. </div></div>

This was my understanding as well, except it was a percentage such as if you get back 600 now, your 08 refund is 800 (which is 75%) you will only recieve 25% of your rebate in 2008. The percentage is just a way to cover up how DDT put it.

Straight from the IRS website...

"You will not owe tax on your payment when you file your 2008 federal income tax return. But you should keep a copy of the IRS letter you receive later this year listing the amount of your payment."

HOOOOYAH.

This whole thing makes absolutely no sense to me whatsoever. My sons 300 is going into his savings account, and my wife and I's will do the same. I'm not giving a dime of that money to any foreign product - which is just about every dang thing you buy and I sure as hell ain't going to use it for gas! If the whole nation could do the same and make the plan backfire it would be great. Maybe we'd get another one in 6 months. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

I'm already sick of the commercials on TV about all the "rebate" sales competitions between all the local retailers. BARF. [/quote]

Actually,you putting your money into a savings account will go towards foreign companies.What do banks do with money from customers?They loan it out yes BUT they also hire professionals to reinvest it in the stock markets.And right now it is the international markets that are drawing better interest rates,thus that is where "your" money will end up.The bank will pay you .5 to MAYBE 1% on a savings account and then go out and get 10-12% or better in stocks and bonds......do the math,not a good place to put money.....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TRX</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
HOOOOYAH.

Actually,you putting your money into a savings account will go towards foreign companies.What do banks do with money from customers?They loan it out yes BUT they also hire professionals to reinvest it in the stock markets.And right now it is the international markets that are drawing better interest rates,thus that is where "your" money will end up.The bank will pay you .5 to MAYBE 1% on a savings account and then go out and get 10-12% or better in stocks and bonds......do the math,not a good place to put money..... </div></div>

You are right. I will stick mine in the sock drawer.

Here's some FAQ's from the IRS website. There's also a stimulus payment calculator link if you wanna know exactly how much you're gonna get back, but you'll need your Tax forms at hand to do so.

http://www.irs.gov/app/espc/

Hope this helps!

/forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

180... I need an address and a time, I'll spend my stimulous check on gas to get to your house!

Well be sure to make it Lynchburg's finest, Jack Daniels then, so as to stimulate OUR economy. None of that spanish wheat bear crap...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 180class</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm looking at $1,800. It's all going towards booze! </div></div>

I might come down and hunt with you and Blaster after all! /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

Even if it doesn't go on the '08 tax return how about the '09?

The first checks are out. My buddy got his today by direct deposit. They are going by last two digits of your S.S. number and he was 02. I would imagine if you didnt e-file it may take a little longer.

I'm hoping Fishbonker is drinking some hard liqour,lickin his lips writing up a good post about this issue right now. Im ready for a good laugh.

Sorry, I'm workin tonight.

I'm afraid my wife will wanna use the money to go on vacation again. First week in November. Just like last year. On the bright side of that, I'll get to go to the land of the seven flavors of Vienna suasages. MMMMMM, MMMmmmm.

She probably deserves a vacation after my weight limit crack. I survived the weekend, but trust me, I slept with one eye opened. Even the Brio Ricco Muscato D'Asti wine, smoked cheadar with bacon and Gouda cheese didn't get me even close to gettin back out on the ice, as in outta the penalty box. Maybe I shouldn't a gone cheap on the crackers. No, what I shoulda done was FILTER. Then I wouldn't a been in this perdicerment.

Anybody remember back in the day when a couple a bottles of 15 dollar a bottle of wine got a fella somewhere?

The 'Bonker

Top Bottom