Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

The Mighty Thor

Thanks for all of the support and encouragement. Its been a rough 24 hours. We're on our way to Phoenix for a soccer tournament. I showed my daughter my original post and she put her own thoughts down and wanted to share them as part of her healing process:

Hi, this is Sydney, Brian’s daughter. It was really hard to say goodbye to Thor. He looked after me, he always stood up for me, and I knew he always loved me. I always knew he was in my heart. But the house was so quiet I felt like he was totally gone. Dad always said that its part of life. A thing is born, grows up, and has a baby of its own, then dies, but then we are born again, in a different form. Thor was recommended as my big brother. I am 8 going on to 9 I have never been through this. It is really hard to understand because I am so young. We are starting to lose some of the white fur all over the house. But, I know that he is happier up in heaven. He doesn’t have three legs anymore, and he is not suffering.

It's a very emotional time that not everyone understands. Our pups are part of the family and we love them with all our heart. Heck, I have a king size bed so Hemi can sleep with us. Even when they are gone, they never will be forgotten.

Worst part about owning a dog is knowing that we only have them for a short time in the scheme of things. You have a ton of memories with him, and for that he will always bring a smile to your face. RIP Thor

Sad day

Top Bottom