Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

The Perfect Farm...

You guys are killing me, I hope I can make those dreams a reality sooner than later. Pharmers post about the 160 acres did put me in good spirits though, it was almost scary how well he described my old mans farm!
ooo.gif
laugh.gif

I would buy in Buffalo County WI, NE IA or SE IA just because its within a couple hours drive from my house and consistently produces large deer.

It would have limited road access to minimize road hunting poaching.

I would look for good neighboors as well.

I would want access from the top and bottom if it had hills.

Then I would look for south facing slopes with thick narly cedars, oaks (bedding areas).

I would want fields so I could plant food plots to keep the deer from wandering off the property.

Then I would want thermal cover for the winter, the south facing slopes with narly cedars would work just fine.

At lastly it must have water on it.

That should cost a guy about $300,000 if he had the money.

For me the perfect farm would be one that had my name on the deed.

I grew up on the farm and am now a city dweller. What I wouldn't give to be back in the sticks. It will happen, but at the rate I am saving money, it's gonna be a while
frown.gif

I shoot one lousy squirrel with my pellet gun in my front yard and the whole neighborhood knows about it and despises me. Not that I care what the neighbors think...Man I just hate living in town. Oh well... someday...

[ QUOTE ]
I would buy in Buffalo County WI, NE IA or SE IA just because its within a couple hours drive from my house and consistently produces large deer.

It would have limited road access to minimize road hunting poaching.

I would look for good neighboors as well.

I would want access from the top and bottom if it had hills.

Then I would look for south facing slopes with thick narly cedars, oaks (bedding areas).

I would want fields so I could plant food plots to keep the deer from wandering off the property.

Then I would want thermal cover for the winter, the south facing slopes with narly cedars would work just fine.

At lastly it must have water on it.

[/ QUOTE ]

You just described the farm on here that is for sale, well almost any way, it is 200 acres and is only $425,000

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I was thinking that $300K was a little low but don't know what Wisconsin prices are like.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I was thinking that $300K was a little low but don't know what Wisconsin prices are like.

[/ QUOTE ]

How many acres????

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

What would be your Perfect Farm for deer hunting?

[/ QUOTE ] Ten thousand acres, no county road through it, full of 265 inch typical deer. You did ask what the perfect farm is didn't you?
grin.gif
cool.gif
grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Beleive it or not, my family has a farm like that mentioned above. We just don't have 265" deer. We border the National Forest for almost 7 miles and it hard to patrol. To be perfect, that amount of acreage would have to be in Iowa and be bordered by landowners that respected the property lines and had the same interests in QDM that you have.

JNR- For some reason I was thinking 200 acres- I guess the post didn't specify.
What is Wisconsin ground selling at?

I think I read that Buffalo County Wisconsin is about like Pike County Illinois.
frown.gif
Buying land either place will make you broke quick!

They started to try and get $4000 per acre for an 80 this past year.

The bigger the parcel size is the smaller cost per acre just because their are fewer buyers.

I have been priced out of the market the past 10 years.

Unless I get on the show "Deal or no Deal" I ain't going to own land in Buffalo County.

Even a decent lease will cost ya $4000-$5000 per year. Still to pricey for me.

Yeah, the 200 acres advertised on the IaWhitetail entrance is really a decent deal. I think it comes out to something like $2,375/acre and you can't touch land in Cedar or Johnson county for $3,000/acre. That was last I checked, pre-$4 corn.
frown.gif

Top Bottom