Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

The World Is Ending

Now we are rolling guys! :D :D

All of these posts though lead me to one inescapable, ironclad conclusion....FREAKIN' Obama! :mad:

:D :D

Anyone watch the latest episode of 'The Celery' with Leonard and Tiff Lacoskie? It was incredible. They were hunting over a 100 acre carrot/lettuce plot and there had to have been 8-10 pope and young jacks and even a few Booner jacks....Leonard killed the bigger one of the two. I heard that Iowa has Booner jacks in every brush pile. I can't wait to hunt there so I can kill a Booner jack. Next weeks episode is gonna be unreal....Oprah and Martha Stewart will be hunting with them with governor tags that the state sells to celebs! Rumor has it that Oprah kills a giant jack and calls Obama to let him know.

Justin Bieber might come up too, once he gets his drivers license back.

I heard he was drag racing Elmer to Iowa's greatest Jackalope outfitted

Me too but not because he wanted to kill a booner jackalope. He was just really stoned, had the munchies and heard about the giant carrot field Chris referred to. Rumor has it they send clients out with a bottle of Homemade Ranch and Bugs Bunny has been spotted on a trail cam. Only at night though.

Serious question - If a guy was to decide to build a high fence jack' operation, how high would the fence need to be?

I heard from my best friends brothers wife that her cousin shot new state jack record the last day of muzzy season. She is going to send me the face book pics but his computer is down right now. I hear it will green score over 70 inches...
I saw the picture of that giant Jack and no way is it real, has to be photoshopped to be a Jack that big. Also heard it was taken illegally by the cousin who claims he shot it during ML season on his property.

Serious question - If a guy was to decide to build a high fence jack' operation, how high would the fence need to be?
I think I've seen a couple of those high fence operations and they are about 4ft. tall. I talked to the owners and I think they are trying to deny it because they swear it's just their garden! Come on I've hunted big Jacks all my life and could see how they had certain types of food plots planted to sustain huge antler growth throughout the year. Even noticed what looked like smaller pens with some breeding stock and some genetically altered bucks, but the guy claims those were his daughter's 4H project, but I could see right through the lies. It's getting to be big business here in SW Iowa and it's going to ruin the Jackalope hunting like we've experienced over the last 10 years. Between the high fence Jack outfitters and the MGA (Master Gardener Association) it's almost impossible for a non landowner here in SW Iowa to find any good land to hunt Jacks anymore.

Does anyone know if HUSH excepts Jackalopes? Went out for the antlerless season this morning and killed 4 shed lopes. Only really needed one, but the other 3 walked by and I just couldn't resist.

Anyone watch the latest episode of 'The Celery' with Leonard and Tiff Lacoskie? It was incredible. They were hunting over a 100 acre carrot/lettuce plot and there had to have been 8-10 pope and young jacks and even a few Booner jacks....Leonard killed the bigger one of the two. I heard that Iowa has Booner jacks in every brush pile. I can't wait to hunt there so I can kill a Booner jack. Next weeks episode is gonna be unreal....Oprah and Martha Stewart will be hunting with them with governor tags that the state sells to celebs! Rumor has it that Oprah kills a giant jack and calls Obama to let him know.

I was checking out Oprah's twitter account and no pictures of the giant jack as of yet?? Martha had a good time she said, really likes Tiffany's mom and they are going to exchange recipes.

Not to be a downer, but I talked to the neighbors last night, and one took 36 during the antlerless season, another took 21, and the other took 17. This included 7 that had already shed and 10 buttons, rest were does.

By the way, can't wait to get out and find some jackalope sheds!

They've been known to dig below....FYI

That is absolutely correct. They are prolific diggers. Fences should be no less than five feet deep if you want to keep them in. Also, they should be at least 5'8" tall and topped with razor wire because they will climb if they can't jump.

And its almost time for lope shed season out here. Its heavily regulated to prevent people from chasing them on ATVs to get them to drop early. Last I knew, lope antlers were $13/lb for fresh browns!

Do the Jack's shed out the same time as the deer use to? Might have to walk the community garden on the edge of town see if I can't scoop a few up!

Do the Jack's shed out the same time as the deer use to? Might have to walk the community garden on the edge of town see if I can't scoop a few up!

Don't know about back there, but out here they shed earlier than the elk and deer.

Top Bottom