Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

This is why we can't have nice things...

TheMadCatter

I came home from school and headed out this morning and planned to sit out all day. First light I had a 6pt come right by work a scrape and leave, then I rattled and a little 9 point in then I heard "BOOM" from the other side of the property. High tailed my booty to my Jeep, got there and all I found were tire tracks in our field and deer hair about 50 yards off the side of the road. I was PISSED since I just had one of my big bucks die of unknown causes. Anyway, ended up seeing 20 Bucks and 1 Doe tonight. Saw one of the biggest bucks on the place with a bullet hole in his side tonight...think he'll be alright? It passed all the way through. Just wondering what everyone else thinks?

Took awhile to figure that pic out! I'd say no organs where hit so unless infection takes hold he should make it.

I would think he would die myself. Guts should be hamburger. When a bullet hits, there is so much shock it rips a lot of internal parts outside of the wound channel. A lot different than an arrow zipping through. That sucks bad!!

Looks like his got his head up working a scrape. Are you sure it's not from an arrow? I'm with Mike, if that was a bullet I would think he'd be a goner.

*the title cracked me up

its a little late now, but it might have been worth it to stick around at night to see if the guys show back up to try to retrieve him.

Depends on angle of the shot but looks like either a bullet or arrow in that spot would hit guts & eventually be fatal. Bummer!

I would also think dead deer, but could be wrong. How was he acting? I'd keep cameras out there if you have them. If he doesn't show, search the place for him.

I'm guessing he got an arrow. I'm thinking if you hit the deer right there with a high power it would of folded him.

Gored is certainly possible and likely wouldn't have been deep enough to hit guts. Your comment about "passed all the way through" in that area doesn't mesh with a healthy acting deer.

Antler does make sense. Had one last year that had multiple holes that we figured were from fighting. Didn't think about that until somebody else mentioned it.

Did you call the TIP line? If there is ever any case against anyone, it has to start with the smallest of evidence. Tire tracks to match a vehicle, can lead to more questions being asked.

Did you call the TIP line? If there is ever any case against anyone, it has to start with the smallest of evidence. Tire tracks to match a vehicle, can lead to more questions being asked.

Ha, don't even waste your time. They won't show up

Wasn't who I thought it was, guys came by again today and fired off a couple shots at some running deer and followed them in the field. I swear it's always someone driving a 4 door extended cab white Chevy or Toyota. Every person I've seen or caught drives one

Top Bottom