Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

This STINKS!!!!

It will be strong for about 5-6 days.Couldn't ask for a better cover scent though.The smell is natural enough and probably won't spook the deer after a couple days.
shocked.gif

woods

there goes a ten dollar arrow......lol.......give that arrow a tomato bath.......possibly a full body mount,with a little tail action , on the side...........lmao....sorry could't help myself......maybe you could go for the RODENT GRAND SLAM...........
smokin.gif

Might be a good time to experiment with different brands of scent killers. Tell us which, or any kill the scent the best.

what animals does it take to get rodent grand slam.
beerchug.gif
That would be something to brag about. icould start a chapter of Rodents Unlimited

skunk, opies, & coon for the big game land animals

beaver & muskrat for the water rodents

and the challenging ones would be rats & mice

good luck

Couple things to think about: Badger and skunk season opens the first Saturday in November. Not that I would fault you for shooting a skunk out of season, but an overzealous CO might make your life ( and wallet) miserable.

The stink will go away eventually, as few as a couple days, especially if it rains. I would disagree that it is a good cover scent. Deer know something is wrong there and they can probably semll it from a couple miles away. I wouldn't count on seeing much out of that stand for a couple days.

I experimented with skunk scent years ago.

My personal experience was not good. It cost me a chance at a B&C buck because it put him on alert for no good reason.

I remember a bowhunter in Iowa killing his own son because he shot at something he thought was something else.

I hate to be mean but I agree with pupster. You get what you deserve when you shoot at something before identifying it. That's a very dangerous chance you're taking. Good thing it wasn't the farmer's family dog, you'd never be allowed back on that land.

Knew a guy once who picked up roadkilled skunks to put under his stand to hide his scent. He never seemed to kill a deer, so don't think it worked. We all thought he was a shy of all his cards anyway. He used to lie out in a clearing and play dead trying to draw in buzzards to shoot with his bow. Takes all kinds, I quess.
Don

I knew it was either a skunk or abadger. I could see its head. I hunt near an airport so if there are dogs around there wild and the land owner who hunt the around the airport is known for shooting dogs. I would never shoot at a noise or in the dark. I also had two does and three fawns come under my stand last night they didnt seem bothered at all.

Actually there is good money to be made "Trapping" skunks. The "Essence" is one of the ingredients for perfume. They d-scent it, and add their flavor. The natural skunk essence has the ability to hang on forever, a valuable thing in expensive perfumes.

Top Bottom