Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Thoughts on bulk feeders and costs ?

I have seen more than one "hunting" show on the Outdoor channel where there is no attempt to disguise that the hunters are sitting a bait pile. Sheesh.
I've seen that as well. I'm as anti-baiting as anyone out there and hate the thought of hunters baiting. But, in Iowa even if someone is caught, I don't think they could be prosecuted. In the rules and regulations, I didn't see anything about baiting being illegal. Iowa needs to step up and make it crystal clear on what's illegal.

• Deleted by Hardwood11
  • Reason: D
Show…
I've seen that as well. I'm as anti-baiting as anyone out there and hate the thought of hunters baiting. But, in Iowa even if someone is caught, I don't think they could be prosecuted. In the rules and regulations, I didn't see anything about baiting being illegal. Iowa needs to step up and make it crystal clear on what's illegal.
It is definitely in the regulations.

PROHIBITED DEVICES & ACTIVITIES​

You may not use dogs, domestic animals, bait, radios, automobiles, aircraft, drones, electronic calls or any mechanical conveyance or device to hunt deer. Persons who meet one or more of the following conditions would be considered eligible for a non-ambulatory deer license and able to hunt from a stationary motor driven conveyance: paralyzed from the waist down; the loss or partial loss of both legs; or any other physical affliction which makes it impossible to walk from place to place successfully.

“Bait” means grain, fruit, vegetables, nuts, hay, salt, mineral blocks, or any other natural food materials, commercial products containing natural food materials, or by-products of such materials transported to or placed in an area for the purpose of attracting wildlife. Bait does not include livestock feed placed during normal agricultural activities.

Top Bottom