Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Ticks

icon_sumo.gif
I cant help I am so tastey
grin.gif

My Dad works for the county, and they took a class in the spring about ticks and other work hazards. They said you are not to use any fire or chemical to remove ticks. This causes the tick to spit or vomit the blood back into your system. This is what causes Lyme disease. They told him you are to pull the tick out with tweezers or your finger, and not to worry if the head stays in you body. Just make sure head get desolved and you don't get infection.

[ QUOTE ]
His legs are pastey white too, which doesn't help the look of things anyway!
evil.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

You know there might be something to that! My son always wears shorts and sandals and he wades thru the grass and brush and seems impervious to anything and everything.

The only tan I have is a Farmer Tan
blush.gif

Guess I'm gonna have to do me some sunbathin!
cool.gif

I had the same problem 4play had. Went to move a stand and when I got home I took my shirt off and there were probably about 20 on my stomach with well over half already attached. I start taking those off and finally take a shower. After that I'm sitting around and notice they are all over both of my ankles. At least 10-15 on each. I have had this happen one other time and both tmes I haven't been wearing rubber boots, just tennis shoes. Like was said before these ticks are very, very small.

Use one of those sticky lint rollers to take them off your clothing or skin before they dig in. Camo and ticks are a bad combination.
crazy.gif

FYI, i should of remembered this post from last year! I went out Sunday and hung stands in my shorts!
blush.gif
I have been picking these little (ticks or Chiggers) off me for the last 3 days now. They look like small freckle's! I think there Chiggers because everywhere that i picked one off it itches like you know what! You should of seen how many i found in my boxers!
frown.gif
grin.gif

Yep could be deer ticks. I have had a few of those buggers attached to me this year. No symptoms of lyme disease yet. Fingers crossed.

Top Bottom