Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Top 10 Things That Annoy Me While Hunting...

This are the top 10 things that annoy me will hunting.

10. Squirrels that play chase with each other up the tree.
9. Squirrels that eat nuts in the same tree you are in, and drop the shells on you.
8. Squirrels that run on the ground's floor making as much sound as possible.
7. Squirrels are constantly running and jumping from tree to tree.
6. Squirrels that climb down the tree you are in, to "investigate" you.
5. Squirrels that sit on the nearest limb and bark at you.
4. Squirrels that chase each other around on the ground's floor.
3. Squirrels that jump from one tree to the other, to the other, to the other.
2. Squirrels that run, and sound like a deer walking behind you.
1. Squirrels annoy me while hunting.

Sometimes I just want to throw a rock at them or something. :thrwrck:

Last edited:
I feel you!! was hoping i would shoot my buck tonight so i could go back in there tomorrow and clean house on squirrels with my .22!!

I like watching them very entertaining some times. I don't like the barking tho.

Mobile Cooter on IW

They are entertaining, but Sunday night I was sitting there with about 10 of them around me running around. They were chasing each other for about 30 minutes and I was to the point where I wouldn't even look when I heard leaves rustling. I hear the sound of something running behind me and I assumed it was squirrels, then I heard a "BRRRRP", I got bug eyed instantly. The grunt was 15 yards directly behind me. I slownly turned my head and luckily it was just a busted up 6 point pushing a doe fawn.
Turkeys are worse for me. They make more noise than anything and those things have a step cadence like a deer.

Opossum sound like deer walking in the leaves. They always get me. I'm like I can hear it coming but where is it? Then see one of those ugly little things.

Mobile Cooter on IW

I think your number one should be squirrels that eat up sheds. But, I enjoy watching the squirrels run around if theres not much action, although I get tired of getting excited thinking a deer is coming only to see a little tree rat bouncing through the leaves.

My son kept telling me "Here comes one" I think he is getting the idea there are more squirrels in the woods than deer. If I saw a deer everytime he said that I would be trying to recruit hunters at my place.

Squirrels that run so fast with nuts in their mouth...no wait, yeah, that pisses me off. Evolution left us out there..lol

this app is awesome IW

Yes I hate them too, especially when it's just dark enough that the sound of them and the tree shapes convince you it is a buck passing through.

My boyfriend and I decided that instead of deer management we are going to have to invest some time in squirrel management! They drive me crazy!

How about the 1,000 blackbirds that sit above you in the same tree and sqwauk fo an hour then deuce all over you. seriously, happened last tuesday. had to break out the antlers and rattle them away, should have thought about that earlier

How about squirrels that eat the seat off my stands! Now I gotta lug an extra pad out there with me in case the squirrels get to the stand before I do. Also, a new experience last weekend. Had a squirrel drop some squirrel pellets on me from above. I think I need a gamo igt.

Sent from my DROID3 using IW

I asked for a Gamo Whisper for xmas this yr.. if its legal, u can bet ill have that thing in the stand while bowhunting... my # 1 most annoying thing ever in the stand was last weekend.. one of my neighbors kids must be learning to play an isntrument because I sat in the stand for over an hour and a half listening to the worst trombonish rendition of nic-nac paddy whack over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again...... I actually took a nap in the stand and woke up annd it was still playing

For me it is neighbors,not squirrels. Like when I was all settled in at dusk and neighbor comes out on tractor 100 yrds away and stops and talks on cell phone. sound really travels at dusk! Or when neighbor dog runs by hot behind a doe. Have gotten most of the dog problems fixed,,but definately neighbors that screw things up.

Top Bottom