Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Top 100 Deerhunting hints

[ QUOTE ]
WHEN IN DOUBT, BACK OUT

[/ QUOTE ]
I found that out the hard way last year!
!!!!!!!WHEN IN DOUBT BACK OUT!!!!!!

Most important RULE: Don't overcook your venison!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

smile.gif

When hunting from a treestand always make sure that a family member knows where you will be hunting.

[ QUOTE ]
When hunting from a treestand always make sure that a family member knows where you will be hunting

[/ QUOTE ]
...and wear your safety harness.

do something apart from the norm. deer in iowa have all seen hunters and what hurnters normally will do. in order to get a mature buck (dont say big buck because a big buck can still be immature) you need to do something different that they havent seen before. laying out in the middle of a grass field along a known trail is one such idea. many people will think that it is a waste of time (and more often than not... it is unproductive) but it will eventually pan out. DO SOMETHING APART FROM THE NORM!!!

Stay positive in your thinking of the hunt.Today will be the day EVERY day!!!

I didnt see anything about thermals.

To me... understanding the thermals is an important part to consistent success.Cooling air(usually late afternoons)falls and warming air(usually mid mornings) rises.

Plan your entrance and exit routes! They are just as important as stand placement!

My number 1!!! PRACTICE PRACTICE PRACTICE! Develop a routine that can take over on the moment of truth!!!

Shot placement kills the animal, not the equipment it comes from!(weren't expecting that from me huh?)

Get a friend involved!! they are always helpful in dragging out deer!

SHOOTING LANES...don't let all your hard work run down your leg because of one 1/8 inch branch that "will never mess anything up"

Just when you start getting bummed out because IT hasn't happened yet- thats when IT will. I doubt if anyone will argue that point.

Hint number 2 said "NEVER pass a buck opening day that you'd be happy with on closing day".

I'll put a different twist on that one; "never shoot a buck on the last day that you'd pass on opening day".

[ QUOTE ]
"never shoot a buck on the last day that you'd pass on opening day".

[/ QUOTE ]

DAMn SKIPPY...shoot a doe, not that buck you've passed four times.

Top Bottom