Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Top 100 Deerhunting hints

-our youth are our future
-Pick a spot
-dont be afraid to scout during the season, and moving a stand in the middle of the rut could be the key...
-Relax, Hunting is a privelage and one we should enjoy!!
-Live it Up!!

Mine isn't exactly bowhunting, but it was a lesson learned the hardway.

42. When the opportunity presents itself, take the shot. Don’t wait for him to come in closer.

Here's the list so far...

1. Hunt from a stand location where the wind will be in your favor.
2. NEVER pass a buck opening day that you'd be happy with on closing day.
3. There is never an off season, scout year round.
4. You've NEVER learned enough
5. A big buck spot is always a big buck spot.
6. Don't be afraid to change things up.
7. DAYDREAMING about killing a giant whitetail is NOT KILLING a giant whitetail... keep your head in the game at ALL times.
8. Respect the land, and game you are hunting.
9. When shooting remember to pick a precise spot.
10. Your scent trail on the way to the stand is just as important as in the stand.
11. When in doubt pass the shot.
12. Aim small, miss small.
13. Practice your shooting skills to perfection, nothing less. Confidence kills, doubt doesn't.
14. If you don't have a back up plan, you don't have a plan.
15. Set goals, and stick to them. If you want to shoot a 150 inch buck, you have to let the 130's walk.
16. Play the wind, regardless of carbon suits and cover sprays.
17. Have fun, if you don't enjoy it you shouldn't be out there because a negative attitude usually results in a poor shot choice and/or placement.
18. YOU CAN'T KILL ONE AT HOME IN YOUR RECLINER.....GET OUT AND HUNT
19. When bowhunting the rut hunt the does.
20. WHEN IN DOUBT, BACK OUT.
21. Go early, stay late.
22. Safety, Safety, Safety!
23. Don't overcook your venison!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
24. Scout in the preseason...hard to hunt deer that aren't there.
25. When hunting from a treestand always make sure that a family member knows where you will be hunting.
26. wear your safety harness.
27. Always carry some toilet paper when hunting!
28. NEVER use some one elses stand without permission.
29. Have fun, hunt hard, and don't let it become a job
30. Stay positive in your thinking of the hunt.Today will be the day EVERY day!!!
31. understanding the thermals is an important part to consistent success.Cooling air(usually late afternoons)falls and warming air(usually mid mornings) rises.
32. Plan your entrance and exit routes! They are just as important as stand placement!
33. PRACTICE PRACTICE PRACTICE! Develop a routine that can take over on the moment of truth
34. Shot placement kills the animal, not the equipment it comes from.
35. Get a friend involved!! they are always helpful in dragging out deer!
36. SHOOTING LANES...don't let all your hard work run down your leg because of one 1/8 inch branch that "will never mess anything up"
37. Just when you start getting bummed out because IT hasn't happened yet- thats when IT will.
38. never shoot a buck on the last day that you'd pass on opening day.
39. dont be afraid to scout during the season, and moving a stand in the middle of the rut could be the key
40. Relax, Hunting is a privelage and one we should enjoy!!
41. Keep your hunting equipment in top form and noise free.
42. When the opportunity presents itself, take the shot. Don’t wait for him to come in closer.

When I placed stands I never thought much about getting out of them. Usually I was covered in deer and educated them. Now I set up by a ditch or even use more permanent ground blinds so I can sneek out the back in a ditch or something like that so I don't educate the deer.

GETTING TO YOUR STAND UNDETECTED AND GETTING OUT OF YOUR STAND UNDETECTED WILL RAISE YOUR ODDS AT A MATURE BUCK 10 FOLD

Top Bottom